RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby AndyF » 11 Jan 2020, 12:39

@holzboa
After pacman -Syu you have to disable some new security settings.
See here: https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/mpdupgrade-t5959-50.html#p28989
After that, MPD-settings should work as expected.

@MusicLover22
CoverArt is working fine on my system. Did you update to latest version?
Autoupdate works fine, too. There's a bug in MPD-settings which don't show current state of autoupdate-setting. Please do a
Code: Select all
cat /etc/mpd.conf
- auto_update should be "yes". With this setting, mpd does an autoscan of changed files.

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby MusicLover22 » 11 Jan 2020, 21:00

AndyF wrote:@holzboa

@MusicLover22
Autoupdate works fine, too. There's a bug in MPD-settings which don't show current state of autoupdate-setting. Please do a
cat /etc/mpd.conf
- auto_update should be "yes". With this setting, mpd does an autoscan of changed files.

regards, Andy

I did update to the latest version, but it appeared artwork (for those which worked) was being fetched ffrom the internet, i have a rather sorted music collection with mp3 tags and artwork all sorted, the old version grabs the embedded artwork rather then trying to fetch something from the internet which sometimes does not match and very often doesn't find anything at all resulting in a empty space.

I will have to look at the configuration file the next time i decide to upgrade, the version from 2018 works so good i'm sticking with it for now.
MusicLover22

Postby AndyF » 12 Jan 2020, 09:04

Hi MusicLover22,

it´s strange - on my system embedded coverart work for mp3 and flac without any problems. I´m using the ready-to-use image from first post in this thread and I´ve updated via addon-menu. My tracks have jpeg´s or png´s as coverart (set with mp3tag).

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby holzboa » 12 Jan 2020, 11:56

AndyF wrote:@holzboa

@MusicLover22
cat /etc/mpd.conf

regards, Andy

Thank you, igot back the possibility to choose the audio interface and my problematic autofs/nfs share gets mountes accessible. The /etc/mpd.conf shows the Shanling M0 now but till yet i didn't get any output.
I tried the function of the Shanling DAP on Endeavours OS with
$ mpv --audio-device= alsa/front:CARD=U0x20b10x301f,DEV=0
and 2 other setings and it plays well there.
holzboa

Postby Snoop05 » 15 Jan 2020, 16:28

What is the current state of affairs and expectations for future of this project?
To me this still looks alot like a hackjob. While JeOS would be probably best option for this purpose, i can understand it would require quite alot work to get it at least to somewhat working state. If Arch / ALARM is being used as base, why dont take advantage of the package manager? Customized packages with their default configs should be distributed using pacman repository and managed by the pacman.
For even more cleaner way of doing things, NixOS could be used as base instead. That will probably reduce the maintenance burden as well as simplify making (reproducible) builds and not having to deal with rolling distro breakage.
Snoop05

Postby R101 » 15 Jan 2020, 16:59

At the moment, we have a 0.5b version which is reliable and can usually be installed without too much hassle, but does not allow much customisation - and rern's version, which has all the bells and whistles, is totally customisable, but does not work reliably for all users.

Possibly an OT question, but what will 0.6 look like? Will we get a final pre-release version which gets all the bugs fixed and does not suffer from mission-creep?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby Leobo71 » 17 Jan 2020, 08:23

I would like a Litte version like 0.5b with GPIO addon and the nice radio UV meter.
Leobo71

Postby R101 » 17 Jan 2020, 11:45

Leobo71 wrote:I would like a Litte version like 0.5b with GPIO addon and the nice radio UV meter.

That is the advantage of rern's approach. For me these features are just clutter, and I can remove them.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby Leobo71 » 17 Jan 2020, 19:09

I love 0.5b from "Janui". Somehow I managed the jamendo and dribble are confused by GUI. I have a Pi Zero with Oled display and Justboom DAC Zero. Sound is wonderful.
What surprises me with Rern version is only "bit perfect" with Janui you can set which bit rate should run.
Leobo71

Postby stablgr » 19 Jan 2020, 23:35

I've been using RuneAudio on and off for about 3-4 years now and have just downloaded RuneAudio+R-e2 and have it running on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ with an IQAudio Pi DAC Pro. All seems to have gone well with the install and I'm loving the configurability of the UI. I do have one slight problem though, that I can't appear to resolve. I have a 5" LCD display connected to the HDMI port and although it's displaying all that it should, it's upside down.

When I go to the system settings and scroll down to the Features section, the setting for Browser on Pi is enabled but clicking on the gear to the right of the toggle switch does nothing. I assumed that this was for configuring the display settings.

I edited config.txt and added
lcd_rotate=2

After restarting, the display was still the same orientation. Even tried values of 0,1 and 3 in lcd_rotate, but still no effect.

I've tried a fresh image on a new SD card and doing an update but still have an upside down screen. Music plays great and everything else seems fine, just the screen issue. While it's not the end of the world I could possibly rotate the screen in the enclosure, but it would mean having to fabricate new mounting brackets to hold it in position and run longer power and HDMI cables.

I'm sure in previous versions I've been able to rotate the screen and can't help but think I'm missing something blatantly obvious. But can't for the life of me figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Gary
stablgr

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi