RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby Ripa » 29 Nov 2019, 17:19

Hi,

i have now Rune the lastest version, it's perfect. and still paying also with Moode.
i have change some things like the setting of the wifi with a password.
that i cannot change in Moode audio why i dont know

music with rune
Ripa

Postby R101 » 29 Nov 2019, 22:49

Hi rern,

I just had another try of RuneAudio+R and, after adding the wpa_supplicant.conf file, I got it connected to my hidden SSID at last.

Putting a working wifi file in /usr/netctl did not work, and it is not possible to use a local touch screen to configure the network because there is no virtual keyboard. The AP does not automatically restart if Rune fails to connect.

I could not get anything to update until until I ranked the package servers. After expanding the partition, it still reports the original size. The local screen settings icon stopped functioning after it failed to save the setting, so I modified config.txt to get the local 7" display the right way up.

The only playback tools I have ticked are Top-Bottom Bars and Bars On Small Screen. Would it be possible to move the track-and-time text down the screen and give it larger type? (Enlarged top and bottom bars would also be a help for those with large fingers and poor eyesight.) I am happy to experiment with this if you can point me to the right area.

This version seems to be progressing well. Thanks for all your work.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby frankz » 03 Dec 2019, 16:25

NON riesco ad accedere alla rete wifi se nella password utilizzo caratteri come: £ $ % & , perchè, nella versione vecchia funzionava.
frankz

Postby Hellgier » 21 Dec 2019, 00:43

Thank you, rern!

I'm delirious with joy to know that Rune has continuation! It is after all the best system for music I know (except maybe Rockbox <3 )

Have you come across this?
https://makingstuffwork.net/technology/ ... pberry-pi/
That may be helpful.
Hellgier

Postby kirx » 21 Dec 2019, 19:46

@rern

> (Tested on RPi 3B - please report success runs on other models.)

No critical installation problems on RPi3B+ / 5inch Resistive Touch Screen XPT2046 / 8x TDA1387 USB DAC

Wired network setup/NAS setup/Library management runs smoothly, Wi-Fi setup still requires to describe in detail all the authentication parameters (in the same way as we discussed 2-3 months ago).

Overall, this release (RuneAudio+R e2) is simply great, many thanks & a lot of respect! :)
kirx

Postby bnilsson » 28 Dec 2019, 12:04

Great job!

However, the RuneAudio app for Android is MUCH slower when connecting to this new version. Ay idea why?
Can this be improved?

BN

RP3+ HifiBerry DigiPro
bnilsson

Postby AndyF » 28 Dec 2019, 12:36

RuneAudio-App is rather old and IMHO untested with +R e2. I'm using RuneAudio as WebApp via Chrome ("send to Homescreen"). Works very fine here.

Regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby bnilsson » 28 Dec 2019, 17:04

The new UpnP settings dialog contains entries for Qobuz, Tidal, Google Music, etc.
What are these settings for?

If I fill in my streaming account info for Qobuz, the UpnP device disappears from my network.
Else from that, I see no added features on the GUI. Where should my Qobuz appear?

BN
bnilsson

Postby rern » 31 Dec 2019, 18:15

(from another thread)
Ruinous wrote:Greetings.

Did a clean install of +R e2 on Pi 4B. On first attempt, I ran +R e2 - Restore settings after install. It appeared to break the build. I didn't wait very before killing it and reinstalling. On reinstall, I didn't run restore. Used packman –Syu to make all installed packages current. Rune seems to be ok, but I cannot access the dev ui. Tried accessing with runeaudio/dev, runeaudio.local/dev, and {RUNE_LOCAL_IP}/dev. Nginx throws 404.

Should I be able to get to the dev UI on a clean install of the +R e2 image? Do I need to run +R e2 - Restore settings and give it more time to complete? Also, there isn't any reference to the +R e2 build on the Downloads page. Not sure if that is intentional or an oversight. Just thought I'd point it out.

Build Details:

Version: e2
Kernel: 4.19.88-1-ARCH
Platform: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
SoC: BCM2711 • 4 @ 1.5GHz • 2GB
Root Partition: 2.9GB / 30GB

Any guidance is appreciated.

-chris

Hi Chris,

There's no dev page on R+R e2. Fresh installation and setup from default should solve most issues.

RuneAudio+R e2 is not an official release.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby bnilsson » 01 Jan 2020, 12:48

Again, thanks for the update, it is working really well, apart from some peculiarities.

I appreciate the "Bio", the previous version was not stable, crashing most of the time. This is working (almost) perfectly. Maybe there should be some timeout if there is no answer for more unusual artists, I need to close and reconnect to get back to the GUI as it seems to hang.

The SMB filesharing does not allow write mode everywhere, even if it is set in the System Features. Any hints there? E.g. I have a USB disk that appears as DISK with a folder Music in it. I can drop a file in DISK but not in Music. Who should own the file system on SD or USB to make it work? Should the permission settings be open to all (rwxrwxrwx)?
I changed the ownership of everything on the USB disk to nobody:nobody. Now I have write access.

Another observation: Cover art is not always working in this new version, in the previous release it was much better. I have not yet been able to figure out any correlation to the image format, etc. where it fails or works.

BN
bnilsson

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi