RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e1 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby klassikmann » 05 Oct 2019, 14:26

@rern
@AndyF
Sorry. Sure, system menu not sources menu.
rern wrote:@klassikmann,

All right. It's System page, not Sources page. Next update with this one fixed then.

rern
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby AndyF » 05 Oct 2019, 18:49

@cmh714

I'm not sure I follow your thought Andy...can you explain?

After scanning your songs the updated database is written to data folder. I thought about a loop because of changed mpd database file -> trigger for auto update.

But rern promised a fix. So everything will be fine.

Regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby rern » 06 Oct 2019, 11:24

Update 20191006
- Fix - Update notification when Auto update enabled.
- Fix - System page layout on small screen.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby klassikmann » 06 Oct 2019, 12:02

rern wrote:Update 20191006
- Fix - System page layout on small screen.
Thank you.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby cmh714 » 06 Oct 2019, 21:14

@rern, small request maybe....I personally use BOTH Consume mode and Repeat mode to achieve what I want. Currently, you have it so enabling Consume, disables Repeat and vice a versa. Wondering if you might change that behavior?

For context if it matters, I always have several webradios in my Queue and then add other music at the bottom, so that when it finishes, it goes back to the start and radio stations.....

Regardless, I take care of it at the commandline.....THANKS!!!!!
cmh714

Postby Toube » 07 Oct 2019, 10:57

Hi Rern,

I tried to get the 1.2 version up and running but no luck.
Do I need an additional USB thumb drive attached to the Rpi to get up and running?

Nope no difference using USB thumbdrive.
My problem is that I'm not seeing any menus anywhere so I cant access anything.
I can use the /addons.php or /indexsettings.php but that doesn't help... I can't get the menus to appear.
Anyone experienced the same phenomenon with 1.2 version?

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby rern » 07 Oct 2019, 12:48

Toube,

The USB drive is a MUST.
You can't just plug in the drive after initial boot was run. It has to be plugged in for initial setup on very first boot.
Reflash the SD card and try again.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Toube » 07 Oct 2019, 12:52

rern wrote:Toube,

The USB drive is a MUST.
You can't just plug in the drive after initial boot was run. It has to be plugged in for initial setup on very first boot.
Reflash the SD card and try again.

rern

Hi Rern,

thanks I will try again with USB drive in upon first boot.

-Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 07 Oct 2019, 14:02

Hi Rern,

an update. I got it working, a few questions:

- Does the thumbdrive need to be there all the time?
- I can't enable or disable features in System, Network, MPD or any other pages.

-Toube
Toube

Postby Alien8 » 07 Oct 2019, 15:38

Toube wrote:- I can't enable or disable features in System, Network, MPD or any other pages.

-Toube

I've done the same thing
and have pretty much the same bug

Steps so far :
  • flash SD card and format USB your latest version Re1.2
  • copy known network config file into /etc/netctl while SD card mounted on PC after flash
  • insert into RPi2 and pray :oops:
  • if successfull, I can connect to the device over WIFI immediately (usually works)
  • without doing any updates to latest versions, I can manage to put in all my settings fine
  • after updating to the latest master version on github, I can no longer change anything in system, and MPD pages, didn't dare to touch the network settings
    an old bug seems to creep up again : changing the time zone 'scrambles' the I²S DAC settings to usually X10 DAC and it's impossible to set it back to my working config. Upon close of the system page, I get the reboot popup.
    Almost every reboot has to be a cold boot, a warm boot just hangs after mounting/starting the USB peripeherals
    After the boot, I don't have I²S output on the MPD page and no sound, analog output instead
    If I go back to system page, I see that my dac is selected correctly yet the relevant section of the /boot/config.txt shows differently
    Code: Select all
    #dtparam=i2c_arm=on
    #dtparam=i2c_vc=on
    #dtparam=i2s=on
    #dtparam=spi=on
    #dtparam=act_led_trigger=mmc
    #dtdebug=on

#dtparam=uart1=off
    #dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
    #dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

## RuneAudio HDMI & 3,5mm jack
    dtparam=audio=on

## RuneAudio I2S-Settings
    #dtoverlay=none

as a workaround I can select the hifiberry dac, I can get sound but get a lot of 'playing silence to avoid xrun' in MPD
    If I go back to system page, I can switch back to my AudioPhonics DAC/AMP yet the system seems to reboot twice and I end up with analog audio only on MPD page, while the system page shows the correct setting again
    a check of the config.txt shows no changes made
  • Also on the system page, after the last updates I can't seem to change any toggle buttons anymore and the timezone shows the first option of the list (Africa/A.. (don't remember)
    luckily the timezone is still correct (system time is local time)
    I checked and confirmed that all the settings I normally change from default are stored in the USB/name/data/system/ folder (when done before the updates)
  • The same System page also no longer shows some status data (uptime, version...) at the top of the page since the updates
  • And yes, the last version ungarbled the System page
  • Even worse, since the latest updates, I can't mount my nfs NAS anymore, used to have no issues so far
    I get the informative 'mount failed' message when I try to mount it through the gui
    dmesg has no messages of even trying to mount anything save the local SD/USB
    (playing webstreams since :cry: )
    If it was setup before the updates, It mounts after a reboot, to get unmounted some time later
    (no setting was changed on said NAS)
  • A small thing : everytime I do an update after the initial flash/setup, the 'version' is returned to Re1 and not Re1.2 in ssh prompt, settings page...

So for now I guess I have to stay clear of the latest updates until these issues are properly addressed as I have an unusable system now
I'll keep a spare sd with hopefully a working config (base Re1.2) and hopefully manage to get my music database rebuilt properly
RPi2B Rev 1.2, AUDIOPHONICS I-SABRE AMP DAC ES9023, Audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD running R+Re6
Alien8

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi