RuneAudio+R e2 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio+R e1 - An improved version of RuneAudio

Postby R101 » 23 Aug 2019, 21:45

I rather agree with Nudge. I use 0.4 with an earlier version of rern's UIe, which has addons disabled to prevent any updates. The buttons will never be big enough for me, and I think the circular progress bar is rather a waste of space, but the facility to remove all the features I do not use from the UI, including the volume control, make it the best of all players.

I am hoping that with v0.6 Rune will return to being a more purist player, with optional addons.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby dynobot » 24 Aug 2019, 02:22

Does not seem to work with USB dacs.

Tested on a Singxler F-1 and a XMOS based dac....both showed up via aplay -L but neither showed in the UI.
dynobot

Postby wim-nl » 24 Aug 2019, 11:59

Does not work on Pi-1. Does not even boot. Sorry, did not see that this version isn't made for Pi 1.
Runs great on P2. But the randomplay does not work. .
Playing on a Pi Zero (v1) would be awesome.
Last edited by wim-nl on 25 Aug 2019, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
wim-nl

Postby klassikmann » 24 Aug 2019, 12:00

On the "Addons" page an available update for "RuneAudio+R e1" is signalled which results in:
Code: Select all
wget -qN --no-check-certificate https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio-Re1/raw/master/update.sh
chmod 755 update.sh

uninstall_rre1.sh u

./update.sh u
 !  Install file download failed.
Please try again.
wget requests the file "update.sh" and get a 404.

klassikmann
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby lakeuk » 24 Aug 2019, 14:02

My main setup is 04b, I've got alot of GPIO buttons plus epaper display and I make use of the alarm script changes. Migration to 05b has been abit of trial and error but this week I think I've to get a setup which feels like for like ok for me, but will trail it before making the switch.

While doing this I also tested my basics against e1, my observations, I like the interface, it's responsive for me.

My primary use is m3u playlists consisting of radio station streams, my preference rather than using webradio which I don't find usable on any runeaudio version, issues I've found:-

• when I drop the m3u into [/var/lib/mpd/playlists] the runeaudio UI doesn't automatically make them visible for selection, I can force one playlist to be loaded [mpc load 'Radio Preset']
  • it looks like it recognises each stream in the playlist with a webradio icon (these don't appear in the webradio list but I won't not expect or want them to appear in the webradio list)
  • from manually loading through mpc I can create a playlist of these stations and they show in playlist (though I shouldn't need to do this, they should automatically appear)
  • playlist items only show the url, they don't show the item title like on previous versions
  • I notice the directory structure has changed behind the scene's, was seeing if I could get some alarm scripts I use with 04b working but parked it with the directory changes

Example playlists - https://github.com/lakeuk/Runeaudio-extensions/tree/master/playlists
Attachments
e1-vs-04b-small.PNG
e1-vs-04b-small.PNG (229.5 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
(Pi 3, Ver. 0.4b build 20170229, usage m3u radio streams playlists)
lakeuk

Postby rern » 24 Aug 2019, 14:08

wim-nl wrote:Does not work on Pi-1. Does not even boot.

Thanks for reporting.

klassikmann wrote:On the "Addons" page an available update for "RuneAudio+R e1" is signalled which results in:

Fixed.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby tixs » 24 Aug 2019, 15:33

R101 wrote:I rather agree with Nudge. [...] I am hoping that with v0.6 Rune will return to being a more purist player, with optional addons.

I'm afraid, I do agree with the statements above. The original (flat) design (e.g. the dash on the volume knob instead of the dot) was nicely done and more consistent. In my very personal view, there's not much purpose in mimicking a shiny 3D surface on a flat display which is on most of the tablets, smartphones etc. shiny itself - it's just distracts and makes the items more difficult to read or use. I think this was introduced with the RuneUI Enhancement (which brought - together with the Add-on menu - some really good enhancements) but design-wise I always thought it was a step backwards.

It would be nice at least, if people (like me) who do not like this sort of gimmickry could switch it off without loosing all the technical or functional improvements.

Sorry for being outspoken on this point - I do however very much appreciate the hard work and the constant support by the current and very dedicated developer team (janui, rern and others), so I do hope that comments like mine do not put them off in any way but are just taken as a user's comment (which may or not be shared by others) meant to make RuneAudio even better!
Last edited by tixs on 24 Aug 2019, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
tixs

Postby rern » 24 Aug 2019, 16:00

Update 20190224
- Fix: USB DAC plug and play not working.
- Preserve dialogue parameters on failed mount.
- Fix: play button on Add+Play when Open Playback on Add+Play is off.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby AndyF » 24 Aug 2019, 16:19

Thanks for your Update!
And I like your design!

Design is always to discuss - but there are many things to tweak to "personal style" in your version.

Andy
AndyF

Postby wim-nl » 25 Aug 2019, 08:21

wim-nl wrote:Does not work on Pi-1. Does not even boot.
Sorry, did not see that this version isn't made for Pi 1.
Runs great on P2. But the randomplay does not work. .
Playing on a Pi Zero (v1) would be awesome.
wim-nl

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi