RuneAudio or Volumio for RPI player?

News about RuneAudio from the development team

RuneAudio or Volumio for RPI player?

Postby zackxoxo » 17 May 2020, 22:29

I've used Foobar and Jriver via PC, and Runeaudio via Raspberry pi and they've all worked great for FLAC to DAC playback.

As I read more about digital audio, I realize that people who are writing about raspberry pi integration (Darko, audiostream) are using Volumio and not Runeaudio as firmware.

I realize that there are obvious issues in confusing Rune and Roon, but other than that is there a clear reason to choose Volumio over Runeaudio firmware?
zackxoxo

Re: RuneAudio or Volumio for RPI player?

Postby LeighP » 22 May 2020, 10:48

There is nothing saying you should choose one over the other.

Some people like the 'established/completed' feel of Volumio, etc, whereas those who like to get 'under the hood' and play around with settings, add their own refinements, etc, like RuneAudio and the support is often in place for those who want to experiment.

I've tried a few players and always return to RuneAudio and am happy to support the project too.

Leigh....
https://github.com/rern/rAudio - the new place for rAudio.
LeighP

Postby pmicho » 05 Jun 2020, 03:44

Let's be honest. Between Runeaudio and Volumio, the choice was easy. Runeaudio was much better. But it's dead. When was the last release?
pmicho

Postby AndyF » 05 Jun 2020, 12:08

If you think, RuneAudio is dead - look here:
https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-r-e3-t7014.html

I´m using rern´s version since his "addons" - stable and full of features.

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby LeVolatile » 19 Nov 2020, 16:35

pmicho wrote:Let's be honest. Between Runeaudio and Volumio, the choice was easy. Runeaudio was much better. But it's dead. When was the last release?
AndyF wrote:If you think, RuneAudio is dead - look here:
https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-r-e3-t7014.html

I´m using rern´s version since his "addons" - stable and full of features.

regards, Andy

I was thinking that Rune was dead during 3 years because nothing changed on the Download page since 2014! But recently, I checked the forum just to verify if the project is dead or not. Good surprise! Not only it's still alive but in my opinion, it's the best player ever, closely follower by MoOde Audio Player from Tim Curtis. Volumio has maybe a very nice GUI and a great modular features concept. But I have found a bunch of bugs or instabilities. Also some developers choices that I don't like!

I read about some users tried to request an update for the Rune Download page. I tried myself yesterday to make the same thing but I discovered that the Contact email form is NOT WORKING. I tried with 2 different browsers (Firefox and Chrome) with the same results: After putting both required check mark on conditions acceptation and the "I am not a robot" , I clicked the "Send" button. All I got is an infinite spinner beside the button and a red message after a minute saying that Capcha validation expired. I retried 2 or 3 times with both browsers..

I would appreciate if somebody know the Webmaster email or any other way to reach this guy. I'm sure a bunch of potential users turned away like I did before and loose there chances to try one of the best player.

So to how it concern, PLEASE UPDATE THIS DOWNLOAD PAGE ! Things just can't stay like this.

Best regards

LeVolatile
LeVolatile

Postby LawrenceLowery » 11 Sep 2022, 06:37

This is good tipics
LawrenceLowery

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Announcements