Runeaudio fileserver function?

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Runeaudio fileserver function?

Postby pasdesignal » 05 Aug 2014, 05:48

I may be missing something here, but I have done my best to solve this on my own...

Does runeaudio serve files to a network? Like using Samba as a server or NFS or something?

I am running 0.3 on a Raspberry Pi B+. Loving the performance. Using a homemade USB DAC, MPOD client, airplay.

Just wondering if I can enable the file server somehow....?

(PS: nice work on the distro. Its very tidy and smooth playback - no issues whatsoever with USB DAC output.)
pasdesignal

Re: Runeaudio fileserver function?

Postby Orion » 05 Aug 2014, 12:02

Hi pasdesignal,
yes. For now, you have to enable the DEV mode.

Take a look here http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/post1615.html#p1615
RuneAudio - Embedded Hi-Fi music player
SoloStereo - Alla riscoperta dell'alta fedeltà
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby pasdesignal » 10 Aug 2014, 07:52

Hi Orion, thanks for the reply.

I tried the "DEV" feature you linked to above, and indeed it did enable a Samba type fileserver. However I didnt have write capability when using the feature as a guest.

Is there a samba user that I should use, or is there a way to enable write permissions for all users on the samba share?

Maybe this idea belongs in "Feature requests". I think it is an important feature because how else is one supposed to add music to our library without unplugging the hard-drive and using another machine. A fully functional samba share with default write permissions is the easiest way to do this, and is implemented on Volumio to great effect.

Interested in your thoughts.
pasdesignal

Postby ghashul » 13 Aug 2014, 00:11

I have enabled dev mode as described on my rPi b+ with 0.3, but samba doesn't appear to be running. I can't connect from Windows, so I tried logging in via SSH and checked if smbd was running, which it isn't. Is there something more I need to do?
ghashul

Postby franz159 » 17 Aug 2014, 09:52

pasdesignal wrote:...I think it is an important feature because how else is one supposed to add music to our library without unplugging the hard-drive and using another machine. .....

If you have your library on an attached USB drive, you might mount the usb drive in r/w mode as explained in

post1724.html?hilit=udevil#p1724

Then you can use ftp to upload new music without unplugging the drive.
franz159

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion