RuneAudio as a file server (NFS or SMB)

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

RuneAudio as a file server (NFS or SMB)

Postby pachulo » 26 Oct 2014, 19:01

Hi everybody! This is my first post in the forum; I've been using RuneAudio with a Raspberry Pi for 2 months now and is really awesome, so first of all thanks to the people who made it possible!

The only thing that doesn't fit my needs right now is that I would like to be able to serve the contents of a USB drive connected to the RaspberryPi, though NFS (or SMB) with permissions to modify the files.

I've been able to access the drive trough SMB (previously activating the dev option) but as far as I can tell that access is read-only, so it doesn't works for me.

Besides that, I wasn't able to modify files from the drive even connecting though SSH, as the directory is locked with permisions for user:group mpd:
Code: Select all
 2 4.0K drwx------ 11 mpd  mpd  4.0K Sep 24 16:53 external-USB

So, I was wondering if there is a "proper" way to do what I need.

Thanks a lot!
pachulo

Re: RuneAudio as a file server (NFS or SMB)

Postby pachulo » 03 Nov 2014, 23:51

Ok, with the new version (0.3-beta) the Samba shares are now configured with read-write permissions, so my problem is partially solved. I realized, thought, that the Samba version installed is 2.2.12 (a version released 10 years ago):
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/tree/master/01_raspberrypi/packages/samba-rune

I guess that's because the performance, but I was guessing if including a newer version would be possible.
pachulo

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion