RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby EZJstef » 01 Oct 2019, 19:52

I see on UI on network settings , ETH connect but not IP assigned !
i have put the patch in /etc/hosts but seems not enough after reboot
maybe something more to do ?

cmh714 wrote:not sure of the whole problem, but debug shows that eth0 is DOWN so you need to bring it back up....

EZJstef wrote:hi all ,

all works good enough, except ethernet connexion no IP assigned , wifi working good

what's going wrong

this my debug can't spot here don't how i have to do

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cU5OQq1fHQ2baeFeQf0hi7MHWTlbI3k1

greetings tnx in advance

stef
EZJstef

Postby cmh714 » 01 Oct 2019, 20:04

not sure but you can try via ssh and run 'ifconfig eth0 up'

your debug shows the interface down so it wont grab an ip....

EZJstef wrote:I see on UI on network settings , ETH connect but not IP assigned !
i have put the patch in /etc/hosts but seems not enough after reboot
maybe something more to do ?

cmh714 wrote:not sure of the whole problem, but debug shows that eth0 is DOWN so you need to bring it back up....

EZJstef wrote:hi all ,

all works good enough, except ethernet connexion no IP assigned , wifi working good

what's going wrong

this my debug can't spot here don't how i have to do

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cU5OQq1fHQ2baeFeQf0hi7MHWTlbI3k1

greetings tnx in advance

stef
cmh714

Postby EZJstef » 03 Oct 2019, 19:45

still the same problem !!! only wifi no more ethernet port internet connect!

wifi reception not the best , so not optimal useful without LAN GRRRR

cmh714 wrote:not sure but you can try via ssh and run 'ifconfig eth0 up'

your debug shows the interface down so it wont grab an ip....
EZJstef

Postby jlynton » 04 Oct 2019, 11:22

It seems that rern, now he has issued his own bug riddled version of Rune Audio, does not allow his addons to be installed on the excellent 0.5-beta.

See: addons-menu-install-addons-the-easy-way-t5370-270.html#p28646
jlynton

Postby giovilux » 05 Oct 2019, 16:49

Hi,
It's a while I'm using this version ant it's really working well.
I've just noticed that changing the volume it also changes the bitrate. Apparently the change is random and sometimes the bitrate changes without touching anything. Is that normal?
For example:
Volume 50:
Playlist position 5/49
Stereo, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, 835 kbps

Volume40:
Playlist position 5/49
Stereo, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, 924 kbps

Thanks
Giovanni
giovilux

Postby guermantes » 06 Oct 2019, 20:53

janui wrote:Hi HJLK,
The latest version of MPD will be included in 0.6b.
janui

Hi janui,
Might we be so lucky that version 0.6b will also include browse by composer that does not list tracks but albums, so that all classical music freaks can get on the Runeaudio train? (I am currently running 0.5b+rern but his addon garbled the reboot/poweroff functionality as well as albums under classical genre, so I would like to get by without his addons, because I don't need all the things he is integrating anyway.)

One implementation that would suit me would be a Composer button that leads to a list of all composers and clicking a composer will lead to a list of albums for said composer. I tried during a weekend to implement this myself (6 months ago, there are a few questions in a thread somewhere here on the forum) basically by copying the artist functionality in the relevant .js to a new composer button and then substituting composer as the tag to use. I managed to get the albums for each composer to display, but when I clicked the album there would be an MPD-error that I never managed to solve.

Obviously people will have tagged their classical music collections differently, so no implementation would fit all, so if Composer->Album appears sub-optimal to you maybe we could organize a vote on the forum for what implementation to chose? Or make a skeleton structure where end-users have to edit some lines in order to get their favourite traversal of their collections.

Actually this makes me think of another possibility: would it be doable to include a custom browsing implementation that is variable-based rather than based on hard-coded tags? Then end-users would just edit variables X and Y in a file or in the GUI (which in my case would be x=composer and y=album, but someone else might enter x=conductor y=album). Image if there were variable-based browsing set up, one button for two levels, and one button for three levels, and then people would be able to tweak these and/or duplicate them at will! composer+album, conductor+album, composer+performer+album, style(baroque,renaissance)+composer+album.... the possibilities would be endless and Runeaudio would finally "rune them all". :D If duplicating a skeleton end-users would be required to maintain variable separation X1/Y1 and X2/Y2 to keep the routines separate, but I think classical music lovers would gladly do the search-replace needed in the source files.

Anyway, even if nothing of the above sees daylight, I want to thank you for the great work you're already doing!
RPi 3B with HiFiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge DACmagic
guermantes

Postby benhowes » 17 Oct 2019, 20:41

Hello, newbie alert! My name is Ben.
I've failed at the first hurdle and cannot get this image to boot.
I've got a Pi 3B
I've used this image from page 1:
B2: 20180903_10_runeaudio_rpib2.img.gz for the Pi 2B, 3B and 3B+ (7,000+ downloads)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/16d92z7jb ... mg.gz/file
I checked the SHA
I have tried it with 2 different SD cards adata and samsung, and 2 image writers (Etcher and Win32)
The screenshot here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iv7aEo5OqUHUOA5WQC0nW-O46kw8fGnA/view?usp=sharing is as far as I can get in each case.
I know the hardware is fine as have been running Raspbian Jesse.
I don't know what to try next.
Please can you suggest what to try? I'd love to get this working.
benhowes

Postby AndyF » 18 Oct 2019, 05:09

Hi Ben,

try this version https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-r-e1-an-improved-version-of-runeaudio-t6883.html.
Please read first post there.

Regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby Alien8 » 18 Oct 2019, 05:19

Or also
On the 0.5 version, local browser is not enabled by default.

Your pic proofed it does work
See https://www.runeaudio.com/forum/post28354.html

have fun
RPi2B Rev 1.2, AUDIOPHONICS I-SABRE AMP DAC ES9023, Audiophonics ATX, hd44780 LCD running R+Re6
Alien8

Postby benhowes » 18 Oct 2019, 10:52

Ok, thanks, sorry I had not realised that there was not a front end on the Pi.
I will try the instructions to access the Pi remotely but if I have problems will go and try Re1. When I read some of the latest posts on the Re1 thread, I got the feeling that 0.5 was the best version.
is the Re1 version the most user-friendly for newcomers?
benhowes

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi