RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 08 Jul 2019, 06:07

Hi leardo,
leardo wrote:...i get the following messages and Rune never starts. I've attached an image of the screen. Any help is appreciated!!...
The image you have posted looks fine, RuneAudio always starts like this. It cannot be accessed via a connected keyboard and screen. See this post: post27874.html?hilit=headless#p27874
janui
janui

Postby Vhond » 08 Jul 2019, 10:29

janui wrote:Hi Vhond,
Vhond wrote:Can you confirm when updating to a new release soundfiles are overwritten (files I have modified like the files mentioned in tweaking-the-audio-performance-rpi3-t4301-70.html)??
In principle the update will only modify files in the path:
Code: Select all
/var/www/...
Occasionally there are exceptions, you can find these in the file: '/srv/http/command/update_os.php'
The update function carries out a 'git stash' before updating. So any files which you modified or files which are different to the standard distribution should have been saved. You should be able to see these files by using the following commands:
cd /var/www
git stash show
It is possible to restore a specific stash or individual files from a stash by using the command:
git stash pop <parameters and options>
Check out the manual before running the 'git stash pop' command, see here: https://git-scm.com/docs/git-stash
janui

@Janui: thanx for your extended reply :D
Vhond

Postby tixs » 08 Jul 2019, 21:32

(Hopefully) Short question:

I operate two Raspberries with RuneAudio, one on the basis of a Raspberry Pi 2 (together with a HiFiBerry Amp) and one on the basis of a Raspberry Pi 3 B (together with a HiFiBerry DAC+ and with onboard WLAN disabled). Since a new installation takes me up to an hour per player (assuming nothing goes wrong during the setup ...) - would it be possible to install RuneAudio on one player, then clone the SD card and just change player name and HiFiBerry setting (and static IP, if used) for the second player? Or would files and settings need to be adjusted to a larger extent (e.g. because the installation routine implements the software differently during the installation process because of hardware recognition) so that a new installation might still be easier?
tixs

Postby janui » 09 Jul 2019, 15:24

Hi tixs,
tixs wrote:...would it be possible to install RuneAudio on one player, then clone the SD card and just change player name...
This is fine for all of the Raspberry Pi B2 and B3 models. For these models the initial configuration is identical. An alternative is to use the backup and restore function in the Settings UI, you should get the same result.
janui
janui

Postby tixs » 09 Jul 2019, 19:01

Great, thanks, janui. That will save me a lot of time.

By the way - did you have a chance to make some progress on the issue I described in an earlier post some time ago?
http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-320.html#p26899
I'm anxiously waiting for it to be solved so that I can migrate a huge (approx. 1,500) CD collection to RuneAudio - but especially with classical music this didn't make sense so far due to the somewhat improper listing. :cry:
tixs

Postby janui » 10 Jul 2019, 10:29

Hi tixs,
tixs wrote:...did you have a chance to make some progress on the issue I described in an earlier post some time ago? runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-320.html#p26899 ...
Sorry, no progress on this one at the moment. I have not had enough time for Rune during the last months due to family and work commitments. I am hoping to catch up during the summer.
janui
janui

Postby tixs » 10 Jul 2019, 18:48

Understood. No worries - will continue to wait patiently. (But will probably send a reminder from time to time ... ;) ).
tixs

Postby gerootech » 19 Jul 2019, 04:21

Hello,

Anyone tried to connect to a Bluetooth speaker using commands ?? i would appreciate any help. I tried commands from BluteTooth commands from Archi Linux but it is not working. I am getting the following error: when i check the status of bluetooth services.

a2dp-sink profile connect failed for xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx Protocol not available
gerootech

Postby janui » 19 Jul 2019, 09:11

Hi gerootech,
gerootech wrote:...Anyone tried to connect to a Bluetooth speaker using commands ??...
Yes, we cant get it to work with this version (0.5b). We also found that most of the information on internet is no longer valid, through trial and error we now have some Bluetooth features working in the next RuneAudio version (0.6b) for some Pi models. Unfortunately it also seems to be Pi hardware type dependent, this is making it very difficult to get configuration stable.
janui
janui

Postby TFZ02 » 29 Jul 2019, 13:15

Hello,
already exists a version for the Pi4+?
TFZ02

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi