RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby pi-fi » 28 Mar 2018, 23:27

Hi Frank,
I've just installed the latest version for a test and I've noticed a couple of issues. I also have a question.

Once my library fully updated, I checked it. I've got alphabetically listed albums (sub folders) in 7 main folders.
As stored though, in each of the 7 folders, THE TOP ENTRY IN THE LIST HAD BEEN STORED INCORRECTLY (the top entry in each list had been transposed with a random title from partway down each list).
I rebuilt the library and double-checked my listings on a PC to ensure the problem was consistent and real.

Also, INCORRECT ALBUM ART WAS DISPLAYED on one album. Again, I double checked the jpeg image in the folder on a PC. The correct one was in the folder. Back on the Pi, the incorrect art was being displayed.

Now the question: You say that alsamixer can now be accessed from the UI Frank. Can you please advise where this can be found in the UI?

Thanks for your help and for the work of all the RuneAudio team.
pi-fi

Postby hondagx35 » 29 Mar 2018, 21:12

Hi pi-fi,

As stored though, in each of the 7 folders, THE TOP ENTRY IN THE LIST HAD BEEN STORED INCORRECTLY (the top entry in each list had been transposed with a random title from partway down each list).

This only happens to me with Chrome, Firefox works as expected.
I have no idea what causes this behavior.

Now the question: You say that alsamixer can now be accessed from the UI Frank. Can you please advise where this can be found in the UI?

There is no menue entry or a button to access alsamixer.
- alsamixer now can be accessed via UI
Does not look good but sometimes very handy
http://yourIP:8080

This means there is a UI for alsamixer and is accessible that URL.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby pastic » 01 Apr 2018, 11:07

Hi Frank,

1) Is there any way to check if MPD is currently indexing/updating or if it is idling? (So as to know if it is 'safe' to reboot.)
2) Why does the RuneUI (menu navigation, start/stop playing) of 04beta version 20170229 freeze for long periods (>2min) when the RPi is blocked from accessing the internet (by a router block rule). Even before making any changes or adding music to a freshly flashed card, there are huge delays if the router block is active, but not if it is disabled. The older official release does not exhibit that behaviour.
pastic

Postby hondagx35 » 01 Apr 2018, 13:12

Hi pastic,

1) Is there any way to check if MPD is currently indexing/updating or if it is idling?

There is an indicator on the library button (bottom left).

Why does the RuneUI (menu navigation, start/stop playing) of 04beta version 20170229 freeze for long periods (>2min) when the RPi is blocked from accessing the internet

Rune tries to get lyric and artist info from the internet.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby pastic » 01 Apr 2018, 14:55

hondagx35 wrote:Rune tries to get lyric and artist info from the internet.

Frank

HI, thanks for the quick response.
But why would it try doing so when I switch from menu option MPD to menu option network, and between other menu options, even before I have added any music to a freshly flashed SD card?
pastic

Postby Ripa » 07 Apr 2018, 22:58

Hi,

is it possible to have only this layout i love this ..
Attachments
new_knob-800px.jpg
new_knob-800px.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
Ripa

Postby parthabhatta » 14 Apr 2018, 18:08

I love to use Runeaudio 0.4 beta version dated Feb, 2017, specially its sound signature - which is enjoyed more by me than the other similar OS. Runeaudio has a couple of unique features which are not available in the others namely volumio & moode, namely
1. Lyric feature
2.Change the sound hardware on the fly (between HDMI, PI, External DAC & USB DAC)

But there are quite a few bugs in RuneAudio which makes it difficult to use and has forced me to shift to other OS despite my unwillingness. More so, because there is no updates since long and moreover no news regarding what developments are going on and what will be available to us in future. A few months back in some thread it was said that RuneAudio 2 is in pipeline but no ETA was given. So in this darkness I was forced to use other OS. Some of the bugs which I detected.
1. WiFi - The connection with built in Wifi of RPi 3 Model B is very unstable and most of the time it stays unconnected. The Static mode is unusable as the settings doesn't stay in place. I bought a separate WiFi dongle to use RuneAudio and make manual edit of a file to disable the built in wifi whereas in other OS external Wifi dongle is much easier to use. The external wifi dongle is much stabler with runeaudio in DHCP mode.
2. The OS sometimes does not boot and gets stuck. After a couple of such instances which forces to shutdown the Pi forcibly resulting in corrupted OS. Reinstalling everything from start is a pain.
3. The USB HDD mounted by me is scanned on every restart which takes long with my 25000+ song database and one has to wait for it to finish before listening to a song. Disabling this feature needs manual intervention which again is difficult for many.
4. Expanding the SD card partition also appears buggy to me. Till the time I use Runeaudio without expanding, it works ok. Once the partition is expanded through ADDONS menu, the problem aggravates. OS halts on boot forcing to use forced restarts and after a couple of such restarts, the OS gets corrupted.
5. The Addon Kodi is not updated for this version of beta and is unusable.

I understand that its a free OS and so nothing is guaranteed and there is no ETA, but then I love its sound, so .....
I use a RPi 3 Model B with RPi official PS and a ALLO BOSS v1.2 DAC, which is separately powered. Two USB HDDs (1Tb & 2Tb) are connected with a powered USB hub.
Regards,
Partha
parthabhatta

Postby KENMAC » 22 Apr 2018, 09:14

Hi cannot get this to work with my Raspberry Pi IQAUDIO DIGIAMP+. All seems ok, but I cannot unmute.
KENMAC

Postby Vhond » 23 Apr 2018, 12:44

parthabhatta wrote:I love to use Runeaudio 0.4 beta version dated Feb, 2017, specially its sound signature - which is enjoyed more by me than the other similar OS. Runeaudio has a couple of unique features which are not available in the others namely volumio & moode, namely
1. Lyric feature
2.Change the sound hardware on the fly (between HDMI, PI, External DAC & USB DAC)

But there are quite a few bugs in RuneAudio which makes it difficult to use and has forced me to shift to other OS despite my unwillingness. More so, because there is no updates since long and moreover no news regarding what developments are going on and what will be available to us in future. A few months back in some thread it was said that RuneAudio 2 is in pipeline but no ETA was given. So in this darkness I was forced to use other OS. Some of the bugs which I detected.

Partha

I completely agree with Partha, I also wanted to stay using Rune as my first choice but 2 things keep me away:

1) better handling of Airplay: Shairport Sync instead of Shairport
2) not knowing when updates will be available for bugfixes

I understand that its a free OS and so nothing is guaranteed and there is no ETA, but I hope we will hear from you soon. Thanks for the good work. 8-)
Vhond

Postby dror » 23 Apr 2018, 12:59

Vhond wrote:
I completely agree with Partha, I also wanted to stay using Rune as my first choice but 2 things keep me away:

1) better handling of Airplay: Shairport Sync instead of Shairport
2) not knowing when updates will be available for bugfixes

I understand that its a free OS and so nothing is guaranteed and there is no ETA, but I hope we will hear from you soon. Thanks for the good work. 8-)

for #1 do this:
post24070.html#p24069

Dror
dror

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi