RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby franz159 » 31 Oct 2014, 00:13

franz159 wrote:Hi all,
......However.... automount for my 2Tb Samsung M3, formatted ExtFS is not working anymore.... it worked seamlessly with 0.3 alpha......

And the manual mount fails, apparently extfat is not recognized any more...

Code: Select all
[root@runeaudio ~]# mount /dev/sda2  /mnt/MPD/USB/Samsung2T
mount: unknown filesystem type 'exfat'
franz159

Postby ACX » 31 Oct 2014, 02:12

ACX wrote:
challenge wrote:Quite a nice page, the only problem is that when this hang happens, the dev page is useless as it's unreachable :lol:
(it stays in the "spinning wheel/connecting..." loop as all the other UI pages)

Oh, that's true :roll:
We want to recalibrate the spinning layer behaviour, so we'll take the opportunity to disable it completely in the DEV page.

I just made a quick commit to disable the loading layer for the DEV section and let you access to it when issues do occur:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/com ... 9a585fd320
We are going to review that mechanism anyway.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby LC1 » 31 Oct 2014, 10:58

Another minor glitch - we use two laptops to access the UI (one on OSX, one Win7, both using Chrome browser) . When one laptop is used to change what is playing etc, the other remains stuck on the previous track/coverart etc, and will not be refreshed by navigating the UI (e.g. switching between tabs etc), only by quitting and restarting the browser. Not the end of the world, of course, but a bit irritating nonetheless :)
LC1

Postby ACX » 31 Oct 2014, 15:15

LC1 wrote:Another minor glitch - we use two laptops to access the UI (one on OSX, one Win7, both using Chrome browser) . When one laptop is used to change what is playing etc, the other remains stuck on the previous track/coverart etc, and will not be refreshed by navigating the UI (e.g. switching between tabs etc), only by quitting and restarting the browser. Not the end of the world, of course, but a bit irritating nonetheless :)

This behaviour is absolutely not expected... can you check the Javascript console of the failing browser for errors?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby rhodo » 31 Oct 2014, 15:24

Valek wrote:Hello to the community and many thanks to the devs for the beta!

Just to add - have a problem with hardware volume control as well. I can change to any level I want but it immediately jumps back to 100.

Using a B+ and HiFiBerry Dac+

Had a problem with spinning arrows like many here but with last update (gitpull) it is solved, many thanks!

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EhxM22QH

Thank you for all the good work until here, the music sounds really great. I have the same setup as described above which works fine without de hardware volume control. The behaviour is exactely the same, moving the button makes it immediately jumping back to 100.
rhodo

Postby ACX » 31 Oct 2014, 15:27

rhodo wrote:The behaviour is exactely the same, moving the button makes it immediately jumping back to 100.

Tomorrow I'll test that personally, it was working fine the last time I used that hardware configuration.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby AndreR » 31 Oct 2014, 16:43

Have the same issue with hw volume control on Wolfson - but it was the same in the 0.3-alpha build
AndreR

Postby Stwert » 31 Oct 2014, 17:28

I also want to say great work with a fantastic release!
I've been trying out the Spotify functionality and it's pretty neat. Just a couple questions/comments.

1) After selecting Spotify on the library page, it took me a very long time to figure out how to get back to my regular MPD library. It seems the only way to switch playback source is to go the playback page and click the Spotify button? It would be preferable to select the source also on the library page since that's where I would be choosing my music. (i.e. don't have the other buttons disabled when spotify is selected, and just have the "Playback Source" popup like when choosing spotify.)
2) I've got hardware volume control enabled (got the IQaudIO DAC+) but with Spotify, there's no volume control (greyed out at 100). Is this possible to include?
3) Looking at the commentary on sound quality for various volume options, why would hardware volume control have lower quality than disabled? I get why software might reduce the quality, but isn't the hardware option changing the output voltage, same as my amp? Just curious.
Stwert

Postby AndreR » 31 Oct 2014, 19:17

2) I've got hardware volume control enabled (got the IQaudIO DAC+) but with Spotify, there's no volume control (greyed out at 100). Is this possible to include?

Regarding this specific question, from what I get from the brilliant folks behind RunaAudio (big kudos....), this will be enabled in future builds
AndreR

Postby markl » 31 Oct 2014, 19:31

Great work guys. I am using an external USB DAC (Epiphany Acoustics) and have observed the same problems with the volume control as others have. But the (fixed) level that it outputs is maybe 30 dB lower than it should be. I am running with volume set to "disabled". Any thoughts?
markl

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi