RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby hondagx35 » 26 Jun 2016, 21:36

Hi Edu,

In a previous message a user is recommended to compile a driver to use

snd-usb-asyncaudio should be available on the last version for the RP2.

Mainline status
The snd-usb-asyncaudio driver has been merged in the mainline linux kernel since version 3.11 with the name snd-usb-hiface.

For kernels >= 3.11 just use the mainline driver and report issues to the alsa-devel mailing list.

This repository will be kept on-line in case someone needed the driver on older kernels, and to document the out of tree development history.

Please check or post your debug data.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Matusalemjr » 27 Jun 2016, 15:53

Hi Frank, thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, the driver is available in my current Kernel, i can select the hiface output in MPD, my problem is a clicking/popping sound.
If will be helpful, i can post a video in yout tube with my sound.

I´m a newbie in linux, could you send me a step by step of how to get the log error?
I can export and place this log here too.

Tks
Edu
Matusalemjr

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Jun 2016, 16:11

To get the best possible support, please specify your hardware and RuneAudio version. Collecting debug info is also suggested.
hondagx35

Postby Matusalemjr » 28 Jun 2016, 01:35

Thank you so much for your help.
Follow the link for my log.

http://pastebin.com/VjzhgGrw

My system is a Raspberry Pi2 with a Hiface One USB/BNC.
I´m using runeaudio v0.3-beta (23/03/2016)

In additional, follow a youtube link to show my current issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4KLM9aIaEQ

Tks
Edu
Matusalemjr

Postby antikvar » 28 Jun 2016, 07:23

Welcome, gentlemen! When a new version will RUNE:
1) Solving the problem of change channels (L / R)?
2) the prescribed power button (ATX)

ps: I apologize for my clumsy English. I'm from Russia
antikvar

Postby Matusalemjr » 30 Jun 2016, 22:19

Hey Frank, how are today?
Did you saw my log data? Yesterday I had spent more than 3 hours trying to find a solution, but again without success...
If you or anyone have any idea of how to Fix this sound issue, I will appreciate a lot!!!

Tks
Edu

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk
Matusalemjr

RuneAudio 0.3-beta (HW Volume Iqaudio)

Postby pranavom » 17 Jul 2016, 09:22

Dear all, its a great pleasure to be here. I'm new to the world of open source software and Rpi. I recently bought myself an Rpi3 just to experiment with the pocket computer. After extensive reading about the possibility of using it as a standalone media player, my interest moved towards getting myself a DAC and the choice where everyone pointed towards was the IqAudio Pi DAC+. I initially used the MOode Player but later decided to move to Rune for its intuitive interface. The set up of 0.3 beta was a breeze downloading and flashing the SD card, the clear documentation made it easy.
However when it came to setup for a newbie like me, it was a bit difficult, after reading through the forums I finally activated the IQaudio DAC by removing the # from the config.txt using a notepad editor. It then came alive. I however have one doubt, there were several steps being mentioned for enabling the HW volume control, none of which I did. I directly used the MPD menu to select the volume control as Hardware. It does work, from the RuneUI app changing volume, is the app actually triggering the onboard hardware volume control or is it using the software interpolation to control volume? Is selecting the Hardware volume in the MPD enough or should I still do the steps as discussed in the forums to enable hardware control through coding?
pranavom

Postby hondagx35 » 17 Jul 2016, 10:48

Hi pranavom,

welcome to RuneAudio.

Is selecting the Hardware volume in the MPD enough or should I still do the steps as discussed in the forums to enable hardware control through coding?

This should be enough.
You can check if the simple mixer control matches your settings in mpd.conf.
All information can be found in your debug data (MENU->Debug).

Frank
hondagx35

Postby elmer » 16 Sep 2016, 19:24

Newbie here.

I've got a Hifiberry Digi+ and Pi3, with an attached external USB harddrive having its own power.

I'm happy to report that it seems to be working great for playing tunes from my USB drive and streaming audio from my Linux PC.

I do notice that adding mp3s (with the same ownership as I notice on the other files, "mpd:1000"), to the drive and clicking "rebuild library" seems to have no effect. The workaround to get an updated library is to unmount the drive, rebuild the library (i.e., clear it), then remount the drive and rebuild again.

I'm looking for ways to contribute on a very limited basis; this is just one of many little hobbies.

One feature that I thought might be useful is if someone could provide instructions to verbose log to an external drive. Then the system could be left on with full debug logs indefinately, assuming performance is still good, and then in the rare case that the system crashes there will be some debug info. Things seem pretty stable, by the way.

I also thought it would be nice to try and get the system running (perhaps with reduced functionality) with the SD card mounted read-only, so that fsck wouldn't be so much needed in the event of power failure. I'd be interested in working on that so let me know if anything comes to mind w.r.t. pointers on where to start.

So far I haven't noticed any clicks when changing tracks. I'm using the optical digital output, with software volume disabled. I haven't tried choosing tracks with different bitrates or anything though.

Streaming to the box via UPnP and DLNA works great. I used pulseaudio-dlna (https://github.com/masmu/pulseaudio-dlna).
elmer

Postby hondagx35 » 16 Sep 2016, 23:18

Hi elmer,

welcome to RuneAudio.

I do notice that adding mp3s (with the same ownership as I notice on the other files, "mpd:1000"), to the drive and clicking "rebuild library" seems to have no effect.

"mpd:1000" is not the file owner, it is the owner from the folder /mnt/MPD/ there your USB device is mounted on.
The file permissions and ownership shouldn't matter.
Files added to my USB HDD get recognized after rebuilding the library.
Please try again and report.

I'm looking for ways to contribute on a very limited basis; this is just one of many little hobbies.

This is great, contributions are welcome.

One feature that I thought might be useful is if someone could provide instructions to verbose log to an external drive.

Good point, this really could help to find bugs.

I also thought it would be nice to try and get the system running (perhaps with reduced functionality) with the SD card mounted read-only

The ODROID C2 image is already read only and the next RP images will also have this feature.
My actual RP3 setup runs also in read only mode.
It would be great to have someone for testing. If you like i can send you instructions how i implemented this.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi