RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby Aquarius » 30 Oct 2014, 20:05

Hi there!

Following on my previous report:

- Shares had no issues on SMB/CIFS compared to my NFS troubles, so I updated my library with those. Not ideal but it works.

DLNA:
dnla renderer mode is "strange" to say the least:
- song name in the playlist is weird, so I guess not transmitted by my dlna control app (Media House android app)
- if I play something else with the UI ("Add, Replace and play" an album), only the first song is played. after, the other songs in my Media House playlist take over, emptying the RuneUI playlist. I guess this is normal behaviour (my Control app sees the end of one song and starts the next one). I had to exit Media House altogether (not just Stop/Pause playback) to get back to normal behaviour. Again, that's probably not a bug. just annoying.

No opinion yet on audio quality.

Cheers!
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius

Postby ACX » 30 Oct 2014, 20:06

amadeus74 wrote:For the pop-up "problem": the browser ask to make a link to the desktop for a fullscreen page of Runeaudio UI.
So it's not a problem, but a "help" of the browser ( in my case Firefox ).

This only happens on Firefox, and it's the result of the introduction of the support for Firefox Open Web App:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/com ... b845dd979a
I also think that the described behaviour could be annoying, as there is no way to say "No, and don't bother me again" :D
We'll see if we can tweak it.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby njp » 30 Oct 2014, 20:17

Major big-up to everyone on the Runeaudio team. Installed the 0.3 beta yesterday and my unit has been running until today without a fault on Ethernet (not used WiFi so can't comment on any possible bugs in that area). Apart from the settings bug where the Audio Output shows something different (in my case the RaspberryPi HDMI) it's still locked onto my IQaudiO i2s output so surely a very minor issue that doesn't really break usability at all.

Sorry to hear many people having issues but these are all just teething issues, I'm sure the team will sort them when they can. As for the main function of the software, it's playing my music faultlessly! Not a blink! Sound quality is still exceptional, and definitely no issues with clicking/popping/etc.

Just have to also say, I love the UI's colour scheme - couldn't have chosen a better scheme myself. The blacks and blues - really looks the business on tablets and phones. Very subtle and easy on the eye. Although this was the same on previous builds just thought I'd make a comment regarding it because it's just a pleasure to have open on any device. All details are appreciated, even down to the curved corner border box in bluey-grey that encloses the album art. It's all just slick.

I've spotted some tiny things with the UI that I think were also there in the 0.3 alpha:

- Sometimes the circles for the track navigation and volume adjustment disappear, but a refresh or a browser close/open seems to rectify this.
- The volume appears at 100 on my android phone (even though it's really at 75) but once I change it, it kinda grabs control of the volume again and I'd have to set it at 75 again. Minor as not really adjusting volume but an issue nevertheless with the UI.
- The track navigation circle seems to freeze it's progress at the last point the page was open - but the track timer is still going. I.e. at 60min track at 30min progress, half the circle should be blue but only a small percentage of it is (from when I minimised the webpage or moved to another tab in my browser).

These are all minor and Runeaudio is still more than functional in the meantime - if only at 0.3 beta there's a long road to go before a fully stable release but to be honest, in it's current state the fact that it's fully usable and stable being ran 24/7 (time will tell, only 24 hours so far) is brilliant. I'll be making a donation very shortly, not much but it'll be the first of many over the coming times.
Hardware: Raspberry PI Model B + IQaudiO PI-DAC + D-Link DUB-H7 + TP-Link TL-WN722N & 5dBI Antenna

Software: runeaudio v0.3 alpha
njp

Postby bvleur » 30 Oct 2014, 21:06

I keep getting the spinning "Connecting" overlay. Power-cycling doesn't help. Restarting the rune_SY_wrk service doesn't help. RuneUI update ("git pull" and clearing opcache) doesn't help.

I can access via SSH. Which logs should I check (and post)? (I can't access the debug page without the overlay).
bvleur

Postby sykodad » 30 Oct 2014, 21:15

ACX wrote:Interested commit:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/com ... 63d9564bc8

HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE UI
Go to the DEV page:
http://runeaudio.local/dev
1) activate the Dev Mode (in the DevTeam functions section)
2) click on the gitpull button (in the System commands section)

This fixed the wrong display of the selected audio output for me (Pi-DAC+).

Great work.

Regards,

Jan
sykodad

Postby amadeus74 » 30 Oct 2014, 21:31

ACX wrote:
HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE UI
Go to the DEV page:
http://runeaudio.local/dev
1) activate the Dev Mode (in the DevTeam functions section)
2) click on the gitpull button (in the System commands section)

Hi ACX.

I tried this, and the problem of the connecting rotating arrows disappeared! Now, MPD change settings without troubles.
But, if I set the output to my ODAC, and set the volume to hardware, same problem of yesterday:

the volume is fixed at 100, and if I try to lower the volume, the volume don't change and the indicator return on 100.
Also with MPDROID the problem is the same: the cursor of the volume can be moved, but the volume is always at 100%.
So, in the meantime, I switch to software volume, but I hope to find a solution.

Another little problem: with Firefox on Windows, I can utilize the RuneUI if I write runeaudio.local on the address link.
But with Firefox and Chrome on my Android tablet, the page is not loaded, and appear "the web page is unavailable".

Also with Firefox on Windows, if I go to the RuneUI with the link created on the desktop, the library page of the UI is complete.
But if I go to the library page of the RuneUI with the browser open, appear only the title "BROWSE YOUR LIBRARY" without the buttons network mounts, USB storage ecc.

This is my debug log after the application of the previous tip:

http://pastebin.com/neGxcc4i

Thanks for all.
amadeus74

Postby Valek » 30 Oct 2014, 22:43

Hello to the community and many thanks to the devs for the beta!

Just to add - have a problem with hardware volume control as well. I can change to any level I want but it immediately jumps back to 100.

Using a B+ and HiFiBerry Dac+

Had a problem with spinning arrows like many here but with last update (gitpull) it is solved, many thanks!

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EhxM22QH
Valek

Postby franz159 » 30 Oct 2014, 23:43

Hi all,
I downloaded and installed 0.3 beta (upgrading from 0.3 alfa).

Having read this thread I immediately did the git pull as described in
runeaudio-0-3-beta-for-raspberry-pi-t502-40.html#p3127.

I was then able to
- activate i2s
- select IQ-Audio Pi Dac
- add a samba network mount for my TonidoPlug2 (1Tb Hd)

I started the music without waiting for the library rebuild to complete....

Therefore I can definitely say "SO FAR SO GOOD!". Thank you guys!!!!

However.... automount for my 2Tb Samsung M3, formatted ExtFS is not working anymore.... it worked seamlessly with 0.3 alpha. I'll give it another try....

My debug info is http://pastebin.com/Ri7fQueZ
franz159

Postby ACX » 30 Oct 2014, 23:49

njp wrote:I've spotted some tiny things with the UI that I think were also there in the 0.3 alpha:

- Sometimes the circles for the track navigation and volume adjustment disappear, but a refresh or a browser close/open seems to rectify this.
- The volume appears at 100 on my android phone (even though it's really at 75) but once I change it, it kinda grabs control of the volume again and I'd have to set it at 75 again. Minor as not really adjusting volume but an issue nevertheless with the UI.
- The track navigation circle seems to freeze it's progress at the last point the page was open - but the track timer is still going. I.e. at 60min track at 30min progress, half the circle should be blue but only a small percentage of it is (from when I minimised the webpage or moved to another tab in my browser).

Hi njp,
these are all know bugs that I already have on my schedule:
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneUI/issues
I take the opportunity to invite everyone who has an account on GitHub to contribute to the issue management, reporting bugs and checking the status of the opened issues.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ACX » 30 Oct 2014, 23:53

amadeus74 wrote:Another little problem: with Firefox on Windows, I can utilize the RuneUI if I write runeaudio.local on the address link.
But with Firefox and Chrome on my Android tablet, the page is not loaded, and appear "the web page is unavailable".

That's the normal behaviour on Android when there is no Avahi/Bonjour client installed (by default there aren't).

amadeus74 wrote:Also with Firefox on Windows, if I go to the RuneUI with the link created on the desktop, the library page of the UI is complete.
But if I go to the library page of the RuneUI with the browser open, appear only the title "BROWSE YOUR LIBRARY" without the buttons network mounts, USB storage ecc.

This is quite strange, can you check for javascript errors in the console please?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi