RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Postby nic » 11 Jul 2014, 20:11

It's working and playing music but I'm finding I'm having to continually click refresh for the page to load . Hardware volume control not working with the DIYinHK XMOS soundcard I'm using , it's pinning me against the back wall no matter what setting , coming through at 100% with 6watt amps and 94dB speakers !!! Software volume works fine . Cover art is displayed . Will have a further play this evening

cheers

Nic
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby ICLlP » 11 Jul 2014, 20:18

I am listening to music for the first time using Rune with my HiFiBerry Digi. It's sounding good. Unfortunately mounting my HDD, attached to my iMac, via SMB/CIFS failed. I'd love this to work. I had to mount by NFS.
ICLlP

Postby ACX » 11 Jul 2014, 20:22

nic wrote:It's working and playing music but I'm finding I'm having to continually click refresh for the page to load . Hardware volume control not working with the DIYinHK XMOS soundcard I'm using , it's pinning me against the back wall no matter what setting , coming through at 100% with 6watt amps and 94dB speakers !!! Software volume works fine . Cover art is displayed . Will have a further play this evening

cheers

Nic

It could be related to a last minute bug we found after the release, which introduces some nasty side effects. Try with alsamixer command from CLI and check if you can control the hardware volume of your XMOS soundcard from there: if it works then it's a UI problem. Also please post here the output of the mpc outputs command.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ICLlP » 11 Jul 2014, 20:46

ICLlP wrote:I am listening to music for the first time using Rune with my HiFiBerry Digi. It's sounding good. Unfortunately mounting my HDD, attached to my iMac, via SMB/CIFS failed. I'd love this to work. I had to mount by NFS.

It was sounding very good, but suffering from dropouts. I've reverted to "the other" to check whether it's a network issue or not. I use Homeplugs.
ICLlP

Postby Woodhouse » 11 Jul 2014, 20:55

hi all!

Great stuff.!! Is was a long wait, with daily checks of the forum,,,,;-) but now it is here.. Listening to some prime audio, while i type.

Beside things already mentioned i have 2 additional things to bring forward:

1: a mounted usb stick can not be removed from the interface after physically unplugging it, even after reboot. Trying to do so by the supplied menu item, gives no error, but it simply stays in the list of sources , even though it it is not physically connected.
2: dsd file can be played! But intermittendly (stutter). Maybe connected to mpd high cpu load bug.

Furthermore it would be nice if you included the 8892eu firmware fot the tplink 725 ii dongle.

Oh and the interface will not work in the default android webbrowser. In firefox it is fine.
Woodhouse

Postby ACX » 11 Jul 2014, 21:06

Woodhouse wrote:1: a mounted usb stick can not be removed from the interface after physically unplugging it, even after reboot. Trying to do so by the supplied menu item, gives no error, but it simply stays in the list of sources , even though it it is not physically connected.

That happens because a physical unplug without the safe unmount leaves an empty directory under /mnt/MPD/USB/. We already considered the issue but we should find a safe way to solve it.

Woodhouse wrote:Oh and the interface will not work in the default android webbrowser. In firefox it is fine.

It works well on Firefox mobile but even better on Chrome, which also has this wonderful feature that gives the UI the feeling of a native mobile app, putting it in a real fullscreen mode.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby buliway » 11 Jul 2014, 21:25

Orion wrote:@buliway / @dryce / @emma (I suppose)

It seems your mount operation goes fine, but MPD did not updates the database.
Try to force the database update using this button (you can find it in /sources section).

force_update.jpg

I have tried that but no joy.
buliway

Postby nic » 11 Jul 2014, 21:35

I can't seem to cut and paste from Putty but the results are output 1 diyinhk enabled , output 2 (bcm2835 ALSA) enabled .

The wife is now home so I no longer have use of the front room :( Will continue tomorrow . Do you have an idea regarding the network issue ? I'm having to click refresh 3 times when navigating between pages . On the same page it's fine . Have cleared the ARP cache , browser cache etc but issue persists . Older version of Rune is fine and responsive . It may be an odd issue such as SD card . What do you recommend using ?

cheers

Nic
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby dryce » 11 Jul 2014, 21:38

Orion wrote:@buliway / @dryce / @emma (I suppose)

It seems your mount operation goes fine, but MPD did not updates the database.
Try to force the database update using this button (you can find it in /sources section).

force_update.jpg

Already tried forcing the update. It still doesn't list the media.
dryce

Postby ACX » 11 Jul 2014, 21:43

nic wrote:I can't seem to cut and paste from Putty but the results are output 1 diyinhk enabled , output 2 (bcm2835 ALSA) enabled .

Try to fire this command:

Code: Select all
mpc disable output 2

and see if the system gets more responsive (it disables Rpi's analog output in your case - that may cause high MPD load in some situations, e.g. when playing hi-res files).
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi