RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

Postby nofx » 11 Jul 2014, 16:21

My experience

Got an Wolfson Audio Card so I set up RTLinux kernel 3.12.13-rt (Wolfson Audio Card) as kernel and snd_rpi_wsp as Audio output interface.
I'm successfully connected to wlan (WPA).

I played ogg vorbis files from an USB Stick but I couldn't hear anything (wolfson line out). As soon as I tried to stop the song the Pi kind of hangs. I can get to Library, Playlist and Queue but can't access any menu settings or USB Stick (circling arrows) and cannot continue the song.

dmesg says:
Code: Select all
[  762.318560] arizona spi0.1: FLL1: Timed out waiting for lock
[  762.327584] bcm2708-i2s bcm2708-i2s.0: I2S SYNC error!

Any else information you need from shell?
nofx

Postby ACX » 11 Jul 2014, 16:27

nofx wrote:Any else information you need from shell?

Hi nofx,
please report your debug info as shown in the first post of this thread.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby nofx » 11 Jul 2014, 16:48

ACX wrote:please report your debug info as shown in the first post of this thread.

That's debbuging before the 'partial crash'. Afterwards I can't access debugging anymore.

Error message's too long so I attached a txt file.
Your message contains 98725 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.
Attachments
runeaudio_debug.txt.zip
(17.4 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
nofx

Postby metalrob » 11 Jul 2014, 16:55

Hi Runers!

Great work! Great sound! Very promising!

BUT:
1)
Wifi is hard to install. To get 'add new mount'- is a randomplay. Suddenly I was able to specify my router, but several times it didn't work.
Edimax Dongle was very hard to install and afterwards it frequently has lost connection. I think it has something to do with it's power management.
It had to be disabled in Volumio to work stable. Probably you didn't think of this.

A logilink mini dongle worked immediately.

2)
Some radiostations I regularely listen to do not start at every klick.

When changing from one track to another- in my case from radio to USB files or vice versa rune crashed.
it happens again and again. Display then shows 'connecting'- animation. From this point it is impossible to get into rune again- reboot required.

3)
When running rune there are frequent connection losses- only for some seconds. That occurs I think 3 to 4 times in a minute.
If it contributes to good sound- I can live with it ;)

That is what I discovered in the relatively short test phase.

One thing: What really is massively disturbing is the blue information field that prevents me from viewing and klicking an additional button.
It takes much too long till it disappears. I don't need this info at all, it's completely unnecessary to me.
If there is no way to kill this function is it then possible to place it on a more neutral place? That would help.

Thanks for this tremendous efforts! It will be perfect soon! Again: Sound is great!

Is there rune audio planned for Cubietruck and Odroid U3? That are interesting platforms as I think.

Greetingz, Robert
metalrob

Postby ACX » 11 Jul 2014, 17:18

nofx wrote:Error message's too long so I attached a txt file.
Your message contains 98725 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

To avoid such problems (and also the explosion of the forum database!) I updated the instructions in my first post, suggesting the use of http://pastebin.com for debug reporting.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby buliway » 11 Jul 2014, 17:22

Orion wrote:Now try to navigate into your music library, using your ssh session (ex. cd into some folders of your library and try to list the content). Report here if you are able to list the content.

What is the state of /sources page?
Are you able to see your mount point listed?
Did you see a red cross near the name of your mount point?

Let me know.
Bye.

Simone

I can list the content of the albums and see the music, so no problem there.

Everything checks out in the 'sources' page, there is a green right sign in front of the mount point.
buliway

Postby dryce » 11 Jul 2014, 18:37

I am having this issue as well. The Nas is properly mounted and with a green check under sources. When I go into the Library area there is no mount point listed under Nas. When I click on it I just get the option to add a new mount point. I am at work at the moment, but will post logs later if it helps.
dryce

Postby Orion » 11 Jul 2014, 18:59

@buliway / @dryce / @emma (I suppose)

It seems your mount operation goes fine, but MPD did not updates the database.
Try to force the database update using this button (you can find it in /sources section).

force_update.jpg
force update button
force_update.jpg (11.14 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
RuneAudio - Embedded Hi-Fi music player
SoloStereo - Alla riscoperta dell'alta fedeltà
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby nic » 11 Jul 2014, 19:30

I am struggling . I have downloaded the file but cannot see it with 7zip , file is currently on desktop . I had the same issues last time . It took me hours to work it out but I just cannot get my head round it . zip files I have no issue with but how on earth do I extract a .gz file . Help !

cheers

Nic

edit : idiot here has finally worked it out ! Next time I should fly through :)
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby ACX » 11 Jul 2014, 19:43

nic wrote:I am struggling . I have downloaded the file but cannot see it with 7zip , file is currently on desktop . I had the same issues last time . It took me hours to work it out but I just cannot get my head round it . zip files I have no issue with but how on earth do I extract a .gz file . Help !

cheers

Nic

Hi nic,
if you are under Windows the easiest way to write the image to the SD casd is using USB Image Tool, you don't need to uncompress the img.gz file with that. I have to update the docs with this very handy tool.
About 7zip: it opens img.gz files without problems. Inside the downloaded file you'll find the "RuneAudio_rpi_0.3-alpha_20140710_2GB.img" file, in case you want to use other tools to do the job.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi