Rune U/I Car Stereo

Raspberry Pi related support

Rune U/I Car Stereo

Postby iamwill » 01 Jun 2014, 17:05

So, I would really like to use RuneAudio as my car stereo. I have a 300W Amp, 7" screen, RPi with a wireless dongle and bluetooth dongle. I am not sure if it is even possible yet, but wanted to see if there were a few features that it had:

- Ability to play audio from Bluetooth (so that I could stream Google Play Music from my phone)
- Does it have a native GUI so that I could have that "gucci" look on the dash console that is currently on the remote devices)
- Create an access point (so that I can connect my phone via wifi and stream it's audio to it.)

I might be going down a path that Rune Audio can't help me with yet, but if these features exist here, then I think I will be happy. I run Arch linux on my laptop and server, so I am familiar with making modifications to the system if needed, but don't want to start adding a bunch of un-needed bloat on my RPi if not needed. Thanks for any help.

Will
iamwill

Re: Rune U/I Car Stereo

Postby Orion » 05 Jun 2014, 14:24

Hi Will,
thanks for your suggestions.
Here are some features, that have to be released in the next upcoming version of RuneAudio (v0.3-beta):

- WiFi support and configuration
- WiFi AP-Mode

I would be very interested in making a version of RuneAudio, optimized for CarAudio, but we are currently focused on other priorities.
We have no plans for Bluetooth support, but you could help us to make it. :)

Stay tuned for the next release.

Cheers.

Simone
RuneAudio - Embedded Hi-Fi music player
SoloStereo - Alla riscoperta dell'alta fedeltà
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby iamwill » 06 Jun 2014, 03:49

I have already figured out the frontend feature... using Slim, fluxbox and chromium in kiosk mode. Once I get it loading quickly, ill post again.
iamwill

Postby strangerng » 07 Jun 2014, 09:48

Hi Will
I'm building almost the same but for home use as a fully featured audio player.
My requirements are:
- maximum sound quality;
- small LCD screen with some UI;
- IR remote control.
I've tried to use webbrowser with loaded RuneUI webpage, but got very slow response...
Now I'm using it with the ncmpcpp client - it doesn't affect sound quality even on HD flac 24/192 files.
If you'll manage pi work well with some GUI please let me know ))
Cheers and good luck!
strangerng

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi