rune forever updating database to nas, never successful

Raspberry Pi related support

rune forever updating database to nas, never successful

Postby tsawyer » 31 Mar 2022, 14:15

I have 4 boxes all running 20220317. 2 are 3b, 2 are 3b+. after applying the update, 2 boxes are not able to see anything on my nas. the nas is a pi attached to drive, all rune boxes connect to the samba share which is over 150 gb of music. prior to the update, the nas was connected, seen by all boxes and I could select any folder from any box. with the last update, 2 boxes are fine and operate as described in this post. the other 2, when I select nas I see a message updating database but it never completes. the 1st time around, I left it for 4 day. the task never completed. I reappied the update, left it for 2 or 3 days, same result. I rebooted one box, did not reboot the other. both still do not complete the indexing. it sounds like the indexing db has an issue. is there an option to force it to create a new index file or is there another option for allowing the 2 boxes to work as normal? it does not seem to be related to hw, the 2 working boxes are a 3b and 3b+.
tsawyer

Re: rune forever updating database to nas, never successful

Postby eea123 » 03 Apr 2022, 13:02

That is a good question. I'm still hanging back with v0.4, but I recently started losing album art and then lost the connection to the NAS. It looked like it was there, but no files. I rebuilt the MPD and reattached the NAS to no avail. A reboot of the PI brought everything back to normal. I honestly had been running probably a year or more without incident.
eea123

Re: rune forever updating database to nas, never successful

Postby tsawyer » 03 May 2022, 23:39

eea, thans for the insight. just for the record, I wound up completely deleting the nas connection, bounced the box and reattached to the nas. after a few hours (maybe overnite, I usually just leave it alone and check it when I get a chance) it seemed to have all the updated folders. so it seems whatever db controls that became corrupted. I believe 2 system updates (I know there was at least 1) did not resolve the issue. again, my setup seems to be at least somewhat unique by really only using a nas and the size of it. but just in case this helps someone later, that was how I was able to resolve my issue
tsawyer

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi