rune app on android

Raspberry Pi related support

rune app on android

Postby tsawyer » 05 Jan 2022, 19:16

not sure if this is place to ask, if it is not would anyone know where to direct it? let's say 2, 3 months ago I stopped being able to use the app on my phone to control any rune device. I get a message device not found, please retry discovery. I'd really rather use the app than the ip address, it's easier for my network to move between boxes. I have been making some changes on my network so if this is a self inflected wound, what ports/protocols are used for discovery/control of rune? I'm guessing port 6600 but if I have to go down that path I'd like to make sure
tsawyer

Re: rune app on android

Postby cmh714 » 06 Jan 2022, 16:11

the app works best with IP.....swipe from the left edge and that section pops out for you to enter it....GL!
cmh714

Postby chasolla » 06 Jan 2022, 16:19

Every now and again my installation resets the ip address to 192.168.1.121
it's easy enough having 121-124 set up on the app so that you can try the different addresses until you find the current one.
Otherwise login to your router and see what is connected.

I much prefer using a browser.
chasolla

Postby tsawyer » 06 Jan 2022, 17:18

I can reach it from my computer or if I use the phone browser. it 100% is not the way I want to. the phone automatically wants to use https, I have to turn the phone sideways to get the home view for time, pix and volume, accessing the playlist or source frequently brings up the sidebar on the phone, more of a pain to switch between boxes (more than once I thought I was controlling a different box bc the ip was wrong). it's a lot of little things that could be overcome but wayyyyyyy more hassle to do something that was simpler in the app
tsawyer

Postby cmh714 » 07 Jan 2022, 17:25

you need a new phone ;^) I have none of these issues. GL!
cmh714

Postby surfninja » 07 Jan 2022, 23:00

cmh714 wrote:you need a new phone ;^) I have none of these issues. GL!

I don't either but I have my rune player set up with a static IP address and i'm running rAudio (rern's fork).
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 2B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 4B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi Zero W
surfninja

Postby guermantes » 09 Jan 2022, 20:56

Me neither... Set a static ip (dhcp lease) in the firewall.
I also ditched the app a long time ago, because it was very laggy. I just placed a shortcut to rune on my home screen and the regular browser is so much faster. Instant response. Would also solve the OP's http/https problem.
RPi 3B with HiFiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge DACmagic
guermantes

Postby tsawyer » 10 Jan 2022, 19:16

well bully for you dude. has nothing to do with the phone and I do have the issue. firefox on the phone is automatically moving any request to port 443. can I override that somewhere? I'm sure. but since this is one of the only things I would control with my phone so it's the only time I have this issue. considering the app has been working on rern's version for years, I asked the question if the app needed to be updated or it was it in rune itself.

guermantes wrote:

Me neither... Set a static ip (dhcp lease) in the firewall.
I also ditched the app a long time ago, because it was very laggy. I just placed a shortcut to rune on my home screen and the regular browser is so much faster. Instant response. Would also solve the OP's http/https problem.

the network here is set to handout static addresses to devices. since I can set rune to use a static address, it's redundant list that in the dhcp table. I never had a lag with the app. I prefer the app since I can see the hostname or set it after discovery. when I use the address for a device, I'd prefer in this case to do a name I assigned so I know I'm controlling the lab box vs the family room vs basement vs bedroom vs the garage. again, I preferred 1 icon vs having to create 5. if other people are ok with that, great. that's not what I want to do. if there was an option for getting the app that worked up until let's say a few weeks ago, I'd rather go there.
tsawyer

Postby BelVA » 02 Nov 2022, 05:20

Please tell me! Where can I download the rune app for Android with the .apk file
BelVA

Postby tsawyer » 06 Nov 2022, 00:54

I just used the google store to download. I also noticed I had an older version on my phone vs what's available now
tsawyer

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi