rpi2 model B + Digione + Kali

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

rpi2 model B + Digione + Kali

Postby djevlen » 29 Oct 2018, 15:45

Hi
i wan to to upgrade my rpi2 model B with digi+ hat to Digione + Kali.

Is runeaudio compatible with that setup and can it use digione+kali features to full extent ?
djevlen

Re: rpi2 model B + Digione + Kali

Postby janui » 29 Oct 2018, 20:49

Hi djevlen,
djevlen wrote:Is runeaudio compatible with that setup and can it use digione+kali features to full extent ?
DigiOne and Kali will not work together, see the allo website
https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione.html wrote:The Digione has a galvanic isolator for both power and signals. You do not need an extra isolator. As well, DigiOne has a double relocking of the S/PDIF stream (one of them taking care of metastability and the second one taking care of realigning the data). You do not need another reclocker (like Kali).
Compatibility: RPI only
PSU: Not needed (power is taken from RPI, then we use a isolated DC/DC convertor with filters and LDO)
Not Working With: Sparky, Isolator, Kali
The DigiOne needs a reasonably recent kernel to work. Linux 4.9.63-1 or higher is required, not all Rune images have this. This image will work: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532.html#p25819, not sure about the other images.
janui
janui

Postby djevlen » 29 Oct 2018, 22:36

I was thinking the digione signature version..is that not made up from kali ans digione ??
and would that runeaudio-0-5 beta work with signature version ?
djevlen

Postby janui » 29 Oct 2018, 23:07

Hi djevlen,
djevlen wrote:I was thinking the digione signature version
Yes, this will work with 0.5b without any problems.
Just like the normal digione board kali functionality is already built-in. A separate Kali board will not work.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion