RPi 3 B+

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby fox.peko » 23 Aug 2018, 14:57

tml3nr wrote:
fox.peko wrote:Hello,

I am write in case of freeze playback window . I have connected usb external 500GB disk 2.5'
with 19 000+ songs around.Everything is slow or freeze when I load fully playlist. Is some possible fix for it . It is little bit wierd. Pc, phone work with this quantity without any problems.
Thank you for any answear.

Check your power supply. I have used rpi 2 with USB WD 1TB contains more than 42,000 songs. It works perfectly.

I am using standard power supply, 5V 2,5A. I will receive sata extension Suptronics 820x with 5V 4A power supply. Maybe that will by ok, what do you think?
Thank you[/quote]
I have not used the sata extension so I do not know how.

Did you try changing to another usb hdd?[/quote]
Hi,
sata extension with new hdd and power supply. Freeze again, from playback screen to playlist with all of my music.
I do not know where is the problem.
fox.peko

Postby tml3nr » 23 Aug 2018, 16:04

fox.peko wrote:Hi,
sata extension with new hdd and power supply. Freeze again, from playback screen to playlist with all of my music.

Try another RPi?
tml3nr

Postby fox.peko » 23 Aug 2018, 16:19

tml3nr wrote:

Try another RPi?

No I am dint try, need ask some friends and I will try it, but...I am so unhappy of this problem.

You can work without any laggs with fully loaded library. Klickin between playback and playlist window? Trough web interface?
fox.peko

Postby tml3nr » 23 Aug 2018, 16:41

fox.peko wrote:
tml3nr wrote:

Try another RPi?

No I am dint try, need ask some friends and I will try it, but...I am so unhappy of this problem.

You can work without any laggs with fully loaded library. Klickin between playback and playlist window? Trough web interface?

i use RPI2 with over 43.000 songs on NAS (Apple Time Capsule). Very smooth on MPD client: MPad, MPod, MPDroid, MALP, Soudirok, Cantana and web browser.

listening-hardware-t135-30.html#p16261
Last edited by tml3nr on 24 Aug 2018, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
tml3nr

Postby fox.peko » 24 Aug 2018, 12:45

tml3nr wrote:
tml3nr wrote:

Try another RPi?

i use RPI2 with over 43.000 songs on NAS (Apple Time Capsule). Very smooth on MPD client: MPDroid, MALP, Soudirok, Cantana and web browser.

listening-hardware-t135-30.html#p16261[/quote]

Now I start work with Volumio sound on my Onkyo with Klipsch R26F is same but rune audio looks better. Volumio working better with library what I check of 1 day in use. In next week I will heve another RPi3b+ . Maybe will be better

Thank you ;)
fox.peko

Postby GRUPP » 25 Aug 2018, 00:07

Hi all,

Total Noob here. "Built" my first Raspbery Pi device by connecting a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board to a HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO. I installed tml3nr's build of RuneAudio onto an 8GB Class 4 SD inserted into a USB card reader.

The boot is failing. Nothing displays on the monitor I've connected to the HDMI port. The red light on the Raspberry Pi is steady and the green light is displaying a series of 3 flashes. According to a post I found elsewhere, this indicates that start.elf cannot be found. Any suggestions?

--Rick
GRUPP

Postby tml3nr » 25 Aug 2018, 04:02

GRUPP wrote:Hi all,

Total Noob here. "Built" my first Raspbery Pi device by connecting a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board to a HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO. I installed tml3nr's build of RuneAudio onto an 8GB Class 4 SD inserted into a USB card reader.

The boot is failing. Nothing displays on the monitor I've connected to the HDMI port. The red light on the Raspberry Pi is steady and the green light is displaying a series of 3 flashes. According to a post I found elsewhere, this indicates that start.elf cannot be found. Any suggestions?

--Rick

Please try some or these steps:

- Download image again
- Flash to another SD card
- Change to another power supply
- Test with only RPi, without any DAC or other device
- Try to access webui on your browser.
tml3nr

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Aug 2018, 10:23

Hi Rick,

installed tml3nr's build of RuneAudio onto an 8GB Class 4 SD

- how did you do this? see here
- I recommend using Wub32DiskImager if you are on windows.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby GRUPP » 25 Aug 2018, 18:11

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Rick,

installed tml3nr's build of RuneAudio onto an 8GB Class 4 SD

- how did you do this? see here
- I recommend using Wub32DiskImager if you are on windows.

Frank

Hi, Frank.

I used USB Image Tool, per the first example on that page. I'll try Wub 32 Disk Imager, as you suggest. Thanks for helping!

--Rick
GRUPP

Postby GRUPP » 25 Aug 2018, 22:25

hondagx35 wrote:Hi, Frank.

I used USB Image Tool, per the first example on that page. I'll try Wub 32 Disk Imager, as you suggest. Thanks for helping!

--Rick

Unfortunately, no change. Any chance it's somehow related to the SD card? I could get a new one (never hurts to have another SD card around ;) ).

--Rick
GRUPP

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi