Raspberry pie 3B+

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Raspberry pie 3B+

Postby andre_chang » 01 Feb 2019, 19:28

Hi janui:
Thank you very much for your quick answer! Thank you!

I can use http://runeaudio/dev/gitpull as usual!

In addition: after performing the rune UI gitpull function, do you need to perform the following steps again?
=====================================
Chown root.root/srv/http/command/lyric.sh
Chown root.root/srv/http/command/artist_info.sh
Chmod 600/srv/http/command/lyric.sh
Chmod 600/srv/http/command/artist_info.sh
Rm-f/var/www/command/mpd-watchdog
Cd/srv/http/
Git config user.email "any@body.com"
Git config user.name "anybody"
Git stash
Git add.
Git pull
Git stash
CD /home
======================================

Several problems remain unresolved after git pull.

Question C: After booting, the browser will always display Please try again later. No matter how the browser refreshes, it will take about 3 minutes to work properly. Is there any way to speed up the boot?
^^^^^ Upgrade is still unresolved! It still takes more than three minutes.

Question D: After the browser shuts down, I find that the HDMI screen is still on display and SSH can continue to log in. It will take three minutes for HDMI to display SHUTDOWN. And the shutdown will be completed soon. Is this BUG? Is there any way to speed up the shutdown?
^^^^ Upgraded, it seems that the browser - turn off - power off & reboot has become completely useless!

Another major problem is that after booting, the browser shows please try again later, which can not be loaded automatically. It must be refreshed manually on the browser until the boot is completed. This process is very annoying. The Bata 0.4 version does not have this problem. This problem seriously affects the use of.... Is there any way to modify it?

Andre
andre_chang

Postby janui » 01 Feb 2019, 19:51

Hi MarmiteSandwich,
MarmiteSandwich wrote:...I tried the above recommendations, but there were errors, including on the git pull, and no change after reboot. The temporarily unavailable screen has been showing for about half an hour now.
...Any suggestions welcome...
Please follow the instructions in this post: raspberry-pie-3b-t6738.html#p27093
janui
janui

Postby janui » 01 Feb 2019, 20:20

Hi andre_chang,
andre_chang wrote:In addition: after performing the rune UI gitpull function, do you need to perform the following steps again?
If the git pull was successful, no. But a reboot is essential to finalise the update.
I am not sure that the update cycle has completed correctly. Could you post the output of the commands:
Code: Select all
redis-cli get patchlevel
pstree
Also try the git pull option in the /dev UI again, could you confirm that the message is: "Already up to date".
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 02 Feb 2019, 07:27

Hi janui:
After I get pull again, I turn it on for about 25-30 seconds. It's normal!

SETTINGS - > Local browser doesn't work after getpull! When opened - > Storage - > Refresh - > is still closed!

But turn off - poweroff & reboot on browsers doesn't work at all.
I try to reboot from SSH in the background and reboot can be restarted very quickly. Type shutdown doesn't work. Suddeo halt is necessary!

Andre
Attachments
pstree.png
pstree.png (30.44 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
andre_chang

Postby janui » 02 Feb 2019, 19:22

Hi andre_chang,
Thanks again for the great diagnostics. I have looked at the code and done some experimenting without an internet connection. I think I have found a bug. This causes problems only under very specific circumstances, most users would not notice it. Could you do another git pull (preferably via the /dev UI) and try again?
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 03 Feb 2019, 06:07

janui wrote:Hi andre_chang,
Thanks again for the great diagnostics. I have looked at the code and done some experimenting without an internet connection. I think I have found a bug. This causes problems only under very specific circumstances, most users would not notice it. Could you do another git pull (preferably via the /dev UI) and try again?
janui

Hi janui:
I have followed your proposal. Re-ui dev/git pull screen prompt:

UPDATE RUNEUI
RuneUI update message
Saved working directory and index state WIP on 0.5b: 04f0a63 Fix for testing Internet connection, eliminates hanging up the UI
Already up to date.

It's amazing that the shutdown and restart functions are normal. It's great!
And Local browser-Start a local browser on HDMI or TFT -- also succeeded!

I have another problem. The power of pi3b + WiFi and Bluetooth is very low and the connection quality is not good. I want to insert WiFi key from the USB port. But the screen will always prompt scanning for networks.... I can't find the nearby WiFi station.
I'm using EDUP EP-MS1558 300M wifikey... It works properly when pi3b Rune 0.3-0.4 is plugged in and PI is restarted.
PS. I've closed AccessPoint!

Please tell me how to install and use it. Thank you.
Andre
Attachments
wifi1.jpg
wifi1.jpg (209.35 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
wifi.JPG
wifi.JPG (39.25 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
andre_chang

Postby janui » 03 Feb 2019, 11:46

Hi andre_chang,
andre_chang wrote:...I have another problem. The power of pi3b + WiFi and Bluetooth is very low and the connection quality is not good. I want to insert WiFi key from the USB port. But the screen will always prompt scanning for networks.... I can't find the nearby WiFi station...PS. I've closed AccessPoint!...
First to test connecting to yor WiFi...
Remove the EDUP EP-MS1558 300M dongle. I assume that 'closed AccessPoint' means your WiFi has a hidden SysID. This means that your WiFi name will not be displayed in the list of 'Wi-Fi networks in range'. To connect:
    1. disable the AP: Menu > Network > AP SETTINGS > Set AccessPoint OFF > SAVE AND APPLY
    2. add your hidden WiFi Network: Menu > Network > WLAN0 > SHOW > ADD NEW PROFILE > fill in your details > SAVE PROFILE and Reboot
You should get a WiFi connection after rebooting.

Then to use your EDUP EP-MS1558 300M dongle.
    1. disable the on-board WiFi by adding the following line to /boot/config.txt:
    dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
    2. optional step, disable the on-board Bluetooth by adding the following line to /boot/config.txt:
    dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
    And run the following command via SSH:
    systemctl disable hciuart
    3. upgrade to the latest firmware using this command via SSH:
    pacman -Sy linux-firmware
    See here for details: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/ke ... git/about/
    4. Shutdown and remove the power
    5. plug in your EDUP EP-MS1558 300M dongle
    6. power up and test
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 03 Feb 2019, 17:39

Hi janui:
I've added it to / boot / config. txt
Dtoverlay = pi3-disable-wifi
Dtoverlay = pi3-disable-bt
And run the following command via SSH:
System CTL disable hciuart < -- Failure

In addition, when WiFi key is inserted, some errors will appear in the boot screen.
A start job is running for sys-subsy-wlan1.devices..

Even if the WiFi key is removed... only the pi3b + & SD card + LAN is left unplugged, there will be these errors in the boot process... I feel that this error is related to the function of Access Point (AP),

I suggest removing the function of Access Point (AP). It can easily cause many unnecessary errors. Of course, it may be that I don't understand it.

Andre
Attachments
dev-error.jpg
dev-error.jpg (54.43 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
wifi-ssh-error.png
wifi-ssh-error.png (37.95 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
andre_chang

Postby janui » 04 Feb 2019, 16:59

Hi andre_chang,
I am a little bit lost concerning where you are. What was the result of these steps:
janui wrote:First to test connecting to yor WiFi...
Remove the EDUP EP-MS1558 300M dongle. I assume that 'closed AccessPoint' means your WiFi has a hidden SysID. This means that your WiFi name will not be displayed in the list of 'Wi-Fi networks in range'. To connect:
1. disable the AP: Menu > Network > AP SETTINGS > Set AccessPoint OFF > SAVE AND APPLY
2. add your hidden WiFi Network: Menu > Network > WLAN0 > SHOW > ADD NEW PROFILE > fill in your details > SAVE PROFILE and Reboot
Did you succeed in connecting?

For the pacman -Sy linux-firmware error, first reboot then use this command via SSH:
rm /var/lib/pakman/db.lck
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 04 Feb 2019, 20:08

Hi janui:

First to test connection to yor WiFi...
Remove the EDUP EP-MS1558 300M dongle. I assume that'closed Access Point'means your WiFi has a hidden SysID. This means that your WiFi name will not be displayed in the list of'Wi-Fi networks in range'. To connect:
1. Disable the AP: Menu > Network > AP SETTINGS > Set Access Point OFF > SAVE AND APPLY
2. Add your hidden WiFi Network: Menu > Network > WLAN 0 > SHOW > ADD NEW PROFILE > fill in your details > SAVE PROFILE and Reboot
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Has been connected successfully!!!

But I still can't succeed. I'm sorry that my network environment has disappointed you. (~>_<~)

A start job is runing for sys-subsy-wlan 1.device < - Can you tell me why?

thank you...

andre
Attachments
20190205-wifiok.png
20190205-wifiok.png (30.48 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
20190205-rm.png
20190205-rm.png (32.59 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
andre_chang

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi