Raspberry Pi Zero Support in 0.4

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Raspberry Pi Zero Support in 0.4

Postby rlsten » 18 Aug 2016, 15:02

I've successfully got Rune to work on a PiZero with a hubpiwi, which adds wireless and 3 standard USB ports. Many thanks to hpeter and Frank, and to rumina from the Head-Fi forum!

To get wifi going, I made a new profile in /etc/netctl with the same name as the SSID of my network, and then copied the settings of my profile from another installation of RuneAudio on a Pi3 to the new profile. I then entered the following command:

Code: Select all
netctl-auto enable MYPROFILENAME

For some reason, hpeter's image was slightly larger than a Sandisk 8gb microSD card. I managed to load it on a 16gb card. I don't really know how to shrink a partition so any help on that using Windows or Rune itself would be appreciated, since I don't have an independent linux machine.

Also, I needed to install utilities to support exfat (necessary for large SD cards) and ntfs file systems. I installed the following:

for exfat
pacman -S exfat-utils

for ntfs
pacman -S ntfs-3g

I noticed that config.txt did not include the option to provide more power to USB. I added the following at the bottom:

max_usb_current=1

Has anyone tried Frank's suggested settings in config.txt for the Cpu:

arm_freq=1000
gpu_freq=300
core_freq=400
over_voltage=6
force_turbo=1

If so, do they work?

Rod
rlsten

Postby dunghnguyen » 18 Aug 2016, 18:02

Hi Rod, you cud extend the microsd card as this instruction http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... tition-sd/
dunghnguyen

Postby delboy711 » 20 Aug 2016, 15:56

Hi @dunghnguyen Yes wifi worked fine once I had the wifi configuration correct. The pHAT DAC from pimoroni.com also worked perfectly with Rune Audio. All I had to do was enable the device tree for HifiBerry.

Yes that ENC28J60 Ethernet card is what I used. They are available from a variety of manufacturers. Note that some of them have different pin numbering to others. You should not have to resort to using one of these. You should be able to get wifi working simply by setting up the configuration files correctly. However if you do have one handy it is a very easy way to get connectivity into a pi zero for fault finding.
delboy711

Postby delboy711 » 20 Aug 2016, 16:29

dunghnguyen wrote:What a pity as they don't ship Pi Zero to my country :(

Really? Who have you tried? Pimoroni.com say they ship world wide, and do not mention any restriction for Pi Zero on their website other than only one per customer.
delboy711

Postby dunghnguyen » 21 Aug 2016, 05:33

Thanks for your confirmation and advice @delboy711. I tried with Pimoroni but they don't ship to my country as well :(
dunghnguyen

Postby flega » 31 Aug 2016, 20:27

PROBLEM SOLVED, FINALLY!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have attach USB -> Ethernet dongle to Zero and reboot Rpi. Then no network interfaces was on ifconfig. Pull out WiFi dongle, reboot, and there was ethernet with IP4 address! Put WiFi dongle back to USB hub, reboot and connect to Rune via web interface with Ethernet IP address. Switch to network and search for my SSID.Have found it, put wifi pass and press connect. There was green arrow that indicated that network is connected but there is no IP assigned for WLAN0. No problem, delete this network, create new and now connect to it with static IP configuration. Reboot, pull out Ethernet USB dongle but there is no connection :( After a few try's I have found that TP Link TL-WN723N don't work with Rune ver.0.4 . Have put another WiFi dongle in USB hub and now I'm connected with my WiFi!
This (TL-WN723N) work with Rune 0.3, work with Open and LibreElec and with Raspbian. Why it don't work with ver 0.4? I think there is a problem with this Linux distro, because now I remember that I have try 0.4 version on my Raspi 2 and also WiFi dongle didn't work. It seems that it is working but no traffic goes through it.
Low cost audio for everyday use: Raspberry Pi 2 -> USB sound card ->preamp+Low-pass Filter NE5532 ->2x TDA7492 amp -> 2 fullrange speakers + 1 bass speaker.
flega

Postby flega » 31 Aug 2016, 21:07

Update:
I have put this in my config.txt:
max_usb_current=1
arm_freq=1000
gpu_freq=300
core_freq=400
over_voltage=6
force_turbo=1

and after reboot I have this line in debug:
 bcm2835-cpufreq: min=700000 max=1000000

So, I think Zero is now working on 1Ghz as is supposed to :D
But how can I setup my sound card? As I remember it was easy to do in Rpi2, only heve some line to uncomment and it was working. Can I jus t add line in Config.txt or it is done in some other configuration file? And is it a pin cofiguration on GPIO same as on Rpi2? Asking that because Zero have Raspi 1 CPU but GPIO like Raspi2
Low cost audio for everyday use: Raspberry Pi 2 -> USB sound card ->preamp+Low-pass Filter NE5532 ->2x TDA7492 amp -> 2 fullrange speakers + 1 bass speaker.
flega

Postby hondagx35 » 31 Aug 2016, 21:29

Hi flega,

Asking that because Zero have Raspi 1 CPU but GPIO like Raspi2

Modell A+, Modell B+, Pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B all have same GPIO pinout.

But how can I setup my sound card?

Which one? Hifiberry, IQAudio or something else?
Go to the settings page and enable I2S, that is all you have to do.
If it doesn't be there, we have to modify the platform ID.
Please post your debug data.

If you like
hondagx35

Postby flega » 31 Aug 2016, 21:56

hondagx35 wrote:Hi flega,

Asking that because Zero have Raspi 1 CPU but GPIO like Raspi2

Modell A+, Modell B+, Pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B all have same GPIO pinout.

But how can I setup my sound card?

Which one? Hifiberry, IQAudio or something else?

This one . I use to set it like hifiberry-dac and it work ok
hondagx35 wrote:Go to the settings page and enable I2S, that is all you have to do.
If it doesn't be there, we have to modify the platform ID.
Please post your debug data.

If you like

It is there, I have set it like Hifiberry-dac, press apply, reboot, but there is none thing in MDP, only small grey square. i also try Hifiberry-dac+ but it is same in MPD Audio Output Interface as with Hifiberry.
When I add
dtparam=audio=on
to my config.txt and reboot, there is RaspberryPi Analog Out and RaspberryPi HDMI out in MPD Audio Output Interface.
Should I post debug?
Last edited by flega on 31 Aug 2016, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
flega

Postby hondagx35 » 31 Aug 2016, 22:28

Hi flega,

Should I post debug?

If it doesn't hurt, yes.
And also please post your config.txt.

I need the kernel version, to see if it uses device tree to configure drivers.
If so, please read this.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi