Raspberry Pi Zero Support in 0.4

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Raspberry Pi Zero Support in 0.4

Postby flega » 11 Jul 2016, 20:30

Problem solved. WiFi dongle was in one port in USB hub that don't work :( :(
I have connected it properly and now have both profile in the list. I have disabled profile Test and when I try to enable other profile get message that can't conect to a network. Double checked and try all kind of settings but can't connect to neither of my two AP's.
If network is open (no security pass) what settings will be than? I will try that if someone give me a data and that's it - I'll wait for working and tested image for Zero
Low cost audio for everyday use: Raspberry Pi 2 -> USB sound card ->preamp+Low-pass Filter NE5532 ->2x TDA7492 amp -> 2 fullrange speakers + 1 bass speaker.
flega

Postby hondagx35 » 11 Jul 2016, 21:31

Hi,

If network is open (no security pass) what settings will be than?

Code: Select all
Description='wlan0 connection'
Interface=wlan0
Connection=wireless
Security=wpa-configsection
IP=dhcp
WPAConfigSection=(
    'ssid="SSID"'
    'key_mgmt=NONE'
    'priority=3'
)

Frank
hondagx35

Postby flega » 12 Jul 2016, 09:24

No connection even with no WPA. I give up, will use Zero as LibreElec until working image for Zero come. Thank all for help and your time!! ;)
Low cost audio for everyday use: Raspberry Pi 2 -> USB sound card ->preamp+Low-pass Filter NE5532 ->2x TDA7492 amp -> 2 fullrange speakers + 1 bass speaker.
flega

Postby flega » 16 Jul 2016, 09:25

Today I have received Ethernet to USB dongle. Connected it to a Zero and it seems that Rune don't have drivers for that piece of hardware :(
flega

Postby delboy711 » 09 Aug 2016, 20:17

Thanks very much @hpeter and all who have contributed. I was able to successfully install RuneAudio on my Pi Zero today.

Installation was not without its challenges. Here are some observations that may help others.

The image file is 8GB although the partitions on it are comfortably less than 2GB. I had to shrink the image by mounting it with kpartx and then copying the partition contents over to my 2GB SD card.

Like others, wifi would not come up even though I had copied the profiles from other working installations of Arch Linux. Luckily I could get an Ethernet port attached to my Zero using an ENC28J60 board for an Arduino I had lying around. I could then ssh in and diagnose the problem. (This page explains how to set it up. http://raspi.tv/2015/ethernet-on-pi-zero-how-to-put-an-ethernet-port-on-your-pi Of course a simpler solution would be to use a USB hub so wifi and a keyboard can be attached simultaneously. ( They are only £2 on ebay I really should buy one.))

Once I could ssh in I noticed that netctl-auto list did not return any profiles. The cause was found to be because the netctl-auto@wlan0 service was failed as shown by
systemctl --type=service
There was also a failed netctl service which I had to disable before the netctl-auto service could be restarted. (This may have been present because of my meddling)
netctl disable PROFILENAME
systemctl restart netctl-auto@wlan0.service
systemctl --type=service

All profiles could then be listed and enabled.

The format of the wlan profiles has to be perfectly correct before it will connect. When using netctl-auto the Profile must contain a WPAConfigSection section.

It then burst into life and is now working just great. Tomorrow I shall try it with the pHAT DAC.
delboy711

Postby Yeti » 10 Aug 2016, 20:25

Where is the /etc/netcl/test file. I don't see one on my sd card when I check it? Do I need to create it?

hondagx35 wrote:Hi flega,

Also connect my Wifi dongle and monitor

also connect a keyboard and log in with user "root" and password "rune".

Use the file /etc/netctl/test as template and save your own wifi profile.
Here is an example:
Description='wlan0 connection'
Interface=wlan0
Connection=wireless
Security=wpa-configsection
IP=dhcp
WPAConfigSection=(
    'ssid="YOUR-SSID"'
    'psk="YOUR-PASSPHRASE"'
    'key_mgmt=WPA-PSK'
    'proto=WPA'
    'group=TKIP'
    'pairwise=TKIP'
    'priority=3'
)

Frank
Yeti

Postby dunghnguyen » 16 Aug 2016, 17:26

Hi @delboy711,

Reading your post I understood you installed Rune on Pi Zero successfully? As well as it is fine now for the LAN connection even wifi? your post dd. 10 Aug till now meant nearly a week so can you pleased confirm me it was ok as I am really curious to buy 1 for Rune playing music as this should be the best solution in term of costing? Your reply is appreciated. Tks.
dunghnguyen

Postby dunghnguyen » 17 Aug 2016, 11:46

@delboy711: I think this is the LAN board that you concerned ENC28J60 Ethernet LAN / Network Module for arduino 51 AVR STM32 LPC learning tool Network Module
http://s.aliexpress.com/uMnIJNZ7
dunghnguyen

Postby dunghnguyen » 17 Aug 2016, 12:15

@Yeti : you should read the instruction from Frank @hondagx35 well at this post to know how to do https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... _pid=16145
dunghnguyen

Postby dunghnguyen » 17 Aug 2016, 12:21

What a pity as they don't ship Pi Zero to my country :(
dunghnguyen

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi