Raspberry Pi/Runeaudio often can't find Ayre QB9 DSD

Please report any bug found here

Re: Raspberry Pi/Runeaudio often can't find Ayre QB9 DSD

Postby R@F » 15 Jan 2017, 15:00

Hi'
First I'm French.
Then, i always got the same issue using a RPI3, the last runeaudio version, and my DAC, a QB9 Ayre.
IT is not my field, so sorry for the way I explain you what happens.
Everything is going well till the moment I try to listen to music !
The DAC is easily found by the RPI, i can find it in the settings, find my NAS on the local network.
I find the RPI by ip adress, or by the app on my samsung phone.
But, no sound the DAC is blocked on a special display, the same that I have when switching on or off this device.

I know that some of you manage to make it run properly.... I did never.

What can I do to help you helping me?!! Something else but taking English lessons, of course.
Regards ,
R@F
R@F

Postby JohnC » 26 Jan 2017, 17:38

R@F,

Are you trying to open DSD or DXD files? I had the same issue (with a different DAC and suspect that the skips and latency came from slow hard drive access time of my NAS and WiFi (5GHz) transmission. Either they are both too slow for large DSD files transmission or they don't sync well.

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/dsd-files-w-ifi-micro-idsd-black-label-rpi-3-t4344.html

As I described in this post (linked above), as soon as I switched to play DSD files from a USB flash drive attached to the RPi3 directly, I encountered no skips.

Additionally, you might want to try increasing the buffer in MPD, I push it up to 10240 (5 time the default value). It works okay with my setup.

John
JohnC

Postby hondagx35 » 26 Jan 2017, 18:04

Hi R@F,

have you tried to change settings?
Setting the small toggle switch to “Power B” will change the power-on behavior of the QB-9 DSD.
In this case, the unit will not leave the “Standby” mode when the computer is turned on.
Instead it will enter the “Operate” mode when a music player software application plays a music file.

Setting the rear panel toggle switch “up” to “Rsrv A” selects Full Speed USB with Class1 Audio,
while setting the switch “down” to “Rsrv B” selects High Speed USB with Class 2 Audio, required for sample rates beyond 96 kHz.
However the operating system must also support Class 2 Audio either with its native USB Audio drivers or by installing the add-on driver for Windows.

Also your debug info would help to identify the problem.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Bug report