Raspberry 3 , RuneAudio and TFT 2.2" HAT install ?

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Raspberry 3 , RuneAudio and TFT 2.2" HAT install ?

Postby rlsten » 04 Jun 2016, 13:03

Below is a quote from an Adafruit forum (https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=91209&start=30) of a discussion I had about the 3.5" capacitive touch screen they sell, which is very similar to the 2.2" screen discussed here.

I don't really understand why it is so impossible to get a small capacitive touch screen to work with Arch/Rune Audio, especially since (1) at least one resistive touch screen works (Tontec), although touch responsiveness is very poor, and (2) the official Raspberry Pi 7" screen works.

At this point, I'm almost willing to pay someone to either make one or do the software modifications necessary to make the existing capacitive touch screens work.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 pm

CopterWurst wrote:
With the all-in one image is the PiTFT 3.5" working but i don´t want to use the raspbian image.
Is it possible to get the TFT working for other distributions?

adafruit2 wrote:
no

rodsten wrote:
I understand that Adafruit does not support other distributions, but are you saying that it is absolutely impossible for anyone to get the PiTFT Capacitive touch screen to work on any other distribution, in particular Arch Linux? even on the RPi2? What is it about the PiTFT that makes it incompatible with all distributions other than Raspbian?

Thanks.

adafruit2 wrote:
while it is technically possible (its a kernel/module update) and Kali for sure has added the kernel - nobody that we know of has done it for other distros and its apparently not trivial! we've never used arch so we dont even know what is required.
rlsten

Re: Raspberry 3 , RuneAudio and TFT 2.2" HAT install ?

Postby gearhead » 08 May 2020, 04:34

In case anyone is interested, I got a 3.5" resistive display working:
https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.p ... 38#p811038
gearhead

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi