Power supply with M-SU-XL 6009

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

Power supply with M-SU-XL 6009

Postby laserbrain » 25 May 2016, 09:53

Hi Guys,

as totally new to runeaudio, I have a question. But first of all, I'm absolutely impressed about runeaudio!

I want to build a system based on raspi. It works well already. But I want to use an amp which needs 12V and raspi needs 5V. Does anyone have experience I using a DC DC Step up converter in this case? I'd like to use a 12V supply and get 5 V from a M-SU-XL 6009

Would this be feasible?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk
laserbrain

Re: Power supply with M-SU-XL 6009

Postby rikardo1979 » 25 May 2016, 10:04

laserbrain wrote:Hi Guys,

as totally new to runeaudio, I have a question. But first of all, I'm absolutely impressed about runeaudio!

I want to build a system based on raspi. It works well already. But I want to use an amp which needs 12V and raspi needs 5V. Does anyone have experience I using a DC DC Step up converter in this case? I'd like to use a 12V supply and get 5 V from a M-SU-XL 6009

Would this be feasible?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

get decent LPS, some dual unit like this with R-core transformer http://goo.gl/qZdQ0n
You can request different voltages. Bare in mind, this one I linked to is no good for RPi as its only 1A! But you find others which can out 3A or more.
I have got another one just to power my RaspDAC but that is only single out unit http://goo.gl/zKv4im
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
rikardo1979

Re: Power supply with M-SU-XL 6009

Postby laserbrain » 07 Jun 2016, 04:32

Thanks for your links ans statement. So i think best will be a LPS and a berryamp+ or something like that, in order to have only one powerplug.
laserbrain

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to DIY and tweaks