Pi setup experience

Raspberry Pi related support

Pi setup experience

Postby souldoubt » 11 Jan 2015, 19:38

Built RuneAudio on a Pi version B today. Some things I discovered along the way:

1. I can confirm the DHCP v. Static problem with version 0.3 beta. Reading notes on this forum, matching a DHCP lease to the MAC address works well. Hopefully this is fixed in an upcoming release.

2. I discovered that RuneAudio does not speak well with my Cisco PoE gigabit switch. Link lights fire up but no address is pulled from DHCP. I was experimenting with Volumio at the same time and RuneAudio was the only system to have this issue. I decided to put a little 10/100 switch in between them and it came online without an issue. Not optimal but works for now. I know that the RPi only has a 10/100 interface but I checked the config on my switch and it was set to auto detect everything. It also properly identified the link speed even though the RuneAudio box was not contacting the DHCP server.

3. Ran into quite a few instances of infinite "Connecting..." screens. I tested this simultaneously on iPhone, iPad, Windows 7, Debian, and MacOSX. Each using a selection of browsers. I read from other posts the implication that the issue is client-side. I do not believe this to be true. I ran into it most often when making multiple changes to the settings page. I got best results from making single changes and saving then coming back. I also had to force reboot the system a couple of times along the way. Once set though things settled down.

4. The interface implies that the audio output selection (HDMI vs. analog) is automatic. Mine is connecting via HDMI, but I had to set it to analog and then back to HDMI to get signal to my system. Worked well after that.

Finally, I wanted to say that once I got things working the sound quality is FANTASTIC. The definition between the various frequency ranges was very clear on even a modest sound system.

I am very pleased with the RuneAudio system and I look forward to further releases. Keep up the good work.
souldoubt

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi