Commercially licensed audio

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Commercially licensed audio

Postby NOCmusic » 26 Jan 2023, 19:42

Hello, I just found Rune Audio while researching a new solution for overhead music my healthcare clinic. I love the player so far, but might have done things out of order a little. I want to stick with a music source that is licensed for commercial usage, and I found overhead.fm that has a reasonable basic plan. However, it looks like they hide their streams and I can't figure out how to play them, and they are also behind a login, so I'd need to figure out how to embed credentials.

Is there anyone familiar with overhead.fm or another source for commercially-licensed music in Rune Audio? Thanks!
NOCmusic

Re: Commercially licensed audio

Postby carillonstore » 15 Jan 2024, 08:57

In my opinion, the quality of online music sources is not high quality, most of them are 128bit mp3s... very few 320bits... and quite rare lossless formats. I just download it to my NAS and listen to it. 2TB with gold music is more than enough :). I can't listen to music online now because the quality is too low.drive mad
As for the streaming problem, you can replace the USB wifi for Pi3 and it will immediately improve. Because the wifi that comes with the Pi3 is a bit weak (some doctors are fine - my pi3's wifi is also weak and is using USB wifi).
carillonstore

Re: Commercially licensed audio

Postby vadoyo » 06 Mar 2024, 06:01

NOCmusic wrote:Hello, I just found Rune Audio while researching a new solution for overhead music my healthcare clinic. I love the player so far, but might have done things out of order a little. I want to stick with a music source that is licensed for commercial usage, and I found overhead.fm that has a reasonable basic plan. However, it looks like they hide their streams and I can't figure out how to play them, and they are also behind a login, so I'd need to figure out how to embed credentials. wordle unlimited

Is there anyone familiar with overhead.fm or another source for commercially-licensed music in Rune Audio? Thanks!

Thank you!
vadoyo

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion