Static IP Assignment Problem

Raspberry Pi related support

Static IP Assignment Problem

Postby nneverr » 17 Apr 2015, 20:28

Hi all,

First of all thanks for this great job.

I'm using RuneOS v0.3-beta on Raspberry PI Model B. I have succesfuly installed OS and booted up the board. I login from console and assign a static ip over shell. Then i connected from web interface and set static ip address from the web interface also.

When i reboot the board it will not get an ip address during boot. When i login from console i see that eth0(I'm using wired network) is not configured. Could you help me pls.

Thanks in advance
nneverr

Re: Static IP Assignment Problem

Postby hondagx35 » 17 Apr 2015, 21:29

Hi nneverr,

please read this and update to the latest version.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Static IP Assignment Problem

Postby eea123 » 24 Jan 2023, 12:07

nneverr wrote:Hi all,

First of all thanks for this great job.

I'm using RuneOS v0.3-beta on Raspberry PI Model B. I have succesfuly installed OS and booted up the board. I login from console and assign a static ip over shell. Then i connected from web interface and set static ip address from the web interface also.

When i reboot the board it will not get an ip address during boot. When i login from console i see that eth0(I'm using wired network) is not configured. Could you help me pls.

Thanks in advance

Don't know if you went after the upgrade recommended by others or not? I was on v0.4 for almost 4 years, but migrated over to rAudio last fall. I have a hardwired ethernet connection as well, but I let my router assign a DCHP since that is how it handles the rest of the network. Double check your router's settings, if it is DCHP and you are assigning a static IP on the PI I think the two might be fighting each other. I know the static IP is technically better, but my router does a pretty good job of handing out the same IP assignments under DCHP once the device has been on the network a while.
eea123

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi