No sound out of Raspberry Pi 2

Raspberry Pi related support

No sound out of Raspberry Pi 2

Postby tkl12498 » 19 May 2022, 00:26

Hello. I downloaded and flashed runeaudio_rpi2-rp3_0.4-beta_2010321_2GB.img onto my SD card and booted up the RPi. After a bit of tweaking I got the music library on a USB-attached drive connected and indexed. My RPi and Raspberry DAC output to my stereo receiver. I can select a track and play it (I see it playing on the interface) but no sound comes from the speakers or through the headphone jack.

The only settings I have changed are:
Output interface = Raspberry/Pi Analog Out
Volume Control = Enabled - hardware (I also tried Disabled and enabled - software, and clicked Save and Apply whenever changing)

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
tkl12498

Re: No sound out of Raspberry Pi 2

Postby Ears of Tin » 19 May 2022, 17:23

I recommend you start from scratch with https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1. You are using a very old version of the player software. There are many improvements to be found in the latest (and renamed) version.
Ears of Tin

Re: No sound out of Raspberry Pi 2

Postby eea123 » 21 May 2022, 23:20

That's the version I am still using. I seem to remember having a hard time getting it to take off the first time. A reboot did the trick. I could get playback on the headphone output, but not the I^2S DAC's RCA outputs. Make sure the settings are set to the I^2S when before you reboot into it.

I see you are using an outbound DAC. I don't have that, but I would probably not set Rune to analogue if you are still trying to use a DAC after the headphone outputs.
eea123

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi