Running Rune automatically

Raspberry Pi related support

Running Rune automatically

Postby andydee » 12 Apr 2021, 14:52

Hi all,

I've got a question about Rune I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I couldn't see a clear answer from the docs.

I need to set up an automatic music player for a venue space that would constantly play local tracks.

What I'd like to do is set up a Raspberry Pi so when it was booted up, it would automatically initialise and start playing tracks on shuffle. I'd also quite like to be able to compile tracks into a daily playlist, i.e. separate folders containing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. tracks. It would continue playing tracks, looping if necessary, until powered down.

Network might not be available so I'd like to set this up to run unattended without using the UI application. Is this something that is doable with Rune, and if not, does anyone have any suggestions for another approach that would work on an rPi?

Thanks in advance.

A.:
andydee

Re: Running Rune automatically

Postby darecem414 » 12 May 2021, 10:41

andydee wrote:Hi all,

I've got a question about Rune I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I couldn't see a clear answer from the docs.

I need to set up an automatic music player for a venue space that would constantly play local tracks.

What I'd like to do is set up a Raspberry showbox Pi so when it was booted up, it would automatically initialise and start playing tracks on shuffle. I'd also quite like to be able to compile tracks into a daily playlist, i.e. separate tutuapp folders containing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. tracks. It would continue playing tracks, looping if necessary, until powered down.

Network might not be available so I'd like to set this up to run unattended without using the UI application. Is this something that is doable with Rune, and if not, does anyone have any suggestions for another approach that would work on an rPi?

Thanks in advance.

A.:

Hi buddy, would you mind sharing which version you are currently working on?

Regards,
Ephraim Ankunding
Hi team, thanks for creating such an active forum.
darecem414

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi