Mounting NAS (the other way) on v0.3

Raspberry Pi related support

Mounting NAS (the other way) on v0.3

Postby ow25 » 31 Aug 2014, 01:23

Hi

I'm not sure if this was covered/resolved, i saw some posts but couldn't see any conclusive end to it. I did try one thing on the forum but it seemed to crash the gui on reboot.

Basically, i'd be able to mount a NAS using the webgui but on reboot it would seem to disappear.. The following is what i did to get around it all. log in as root and:

-> cd /
-> mkdir /mnt/NAS
-> ln -s /mnt/NAS /mnt/MPD/NAS
-> nano /etc/fstab
add
"//[IP address of nas]/[folder location of music] /mnt/NAS cifs auto,x-systemd.automount,guest,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0"
point 1: also those on wifi, a key part is "auto,x-systemd.automount", i needed that for it to mount the NAS with a wifi connection. wired connections wont need that.
point 2: i'm sure that other people will have different configs for the mount command in fstab, i'm sure you can work out what you need as google is a fantastic source of info, the above is what i needed,
save the file with ctrl-o, enter and then ctrl-x
-> mount -a
the above will mount a network drive under /mnt/NAS, link it to where Runeaudio expects to see network mounts and will mount the network drive at each boot.. the mount -a is just to mount it now without rebooting for the next step.

Now, go to RuneAudio webgui and under "sources", click the "force library update"... all things going well it should now see that NAS location and update the library.

I've rebooted my machine a few times now and successful connection each time.

I should note that doing the above way, you wont "see" the mount in the webgui, and if you want to change it you'll have to edit the fstab file each time.

Cheers

btw, all in all, i'm quite impressed with runeaudio, it just feels more polished than the old GUI which i know the guys here wrote as well. I'm now chilling out to music. I'm especially impressed at the network section of rune audio, very polished and setting up a static IP was easy.
ow25

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi