Possible to use Rune to select line in?

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Possible to use Rune to select line in?

Postby andrum99 » 21 Apr 2020, 20:33

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already - I was unable to find the answer on this forum with my searching. I am looking for music player software that will allow me to play digital music files from the network, as well as allowing me to select the analogue line input to my system (a Raspberry Pi 2B with pisound ADC/DAC). Does Rune allow me to select the line in as a playback source?
andrum99

Re: Possible to use Rune to select line in?

Postby Bert » 27 Aug 2020, 22:50

The Raspberry Pi board doesnt have an audio input, but the Hifiberry compaible module https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/boards/hifiberry-dac-adc/ does indeed have a audio input.

The HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC is a high-resolution digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital converter for the Raspberry Pi. This is a special sound card for the Raspberry Pi, optimized for one specific use case: the best audio playback quality. It is specifically designed for applications that do not only need playback, but also recording functionalities. See a detailed description for the use of dynamic microphones in combination with your DAC+ ADC over here.

Facts
Stereo input and output
Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC
Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown ADC
Hardware volume control for DAC. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
Balanced input supported with optional XLR-connectors
No soldering, comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi, it is conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification.
Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
Three ultra-low-noise linear voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
Gold plated RCA output connectors
Comes with all components required to mount it
Audio input requires updated Linux kernel
Hardware
Bert

Postby kan_ibal » 10 Jun 2021, 17:47

Yes, Rune allows you to select the line in as a playback source. This feature is already built in mpd. To play form Line IN add to playlist alsa input by:

Code: Select all
mpc add alsa://hw:2,0

where hw:2,0 is alsa device for line input.

and save it as playlist for future use.
kan_ibal

Postby kan_ibal » 10 Jun 2021, 17:47

Yes, Rune allows you to select the line in as a playback source. This feature is already built in mpd. To play form Line IN add to playlist alsa input by:

Code: Select all
mpc add alsa://hw:2,0

where hw:2,0 is alsa device for line input.

and save it as playlist for future use.
kan_ibal

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion