Playlist schedule

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Playlist schedule

Postby Corwax » 26 Jan 2017, 21:38

Hi there!

May I suggest you some improvements?
What about play-list schedule?
Imagine... I got two (three or more) play-lists. I want to be able to setup the time when first play-list will finish playing the song and the another play-list start. When I say "finish" I mean the current song must not cut the music at once. No. It would be great if when timer clock triggered - the current song play to the it's end. And only after this point song from another play-list start to play next.
I think this feature will be very useful. Do you?

Thanks a lot.
Corwax

Re: Playlist schedule

Postby marksmanaz » 31 Jan 2017, 04:25

I second this feature. i would like to play a playlist at certain times of the day and sometimes dependant on the day of the week also.
marksmanaz

Postby Monax » 24 Apr 2018, 22:11

Hi guys. I would like to turn the music on and off on a schedule. And as an opportunity to insert musical compositions at a certain time. Is this possible?
Monax

Postby meathane » 23 May 2018, 13:30

I can't begin to emphasise the need for this! We have 7 restaurants, all using 2006 iMacs playing music i iTunes. I worte some scripts in Automater to dim the volume, then change playlist and increase it again, scheduled them in iCal, but they stopped working after about a month, in all sites. Also, the iMacs are just beginning to die, and are not the way to go.

I have tried EVERYWHERE for something that will schedule playlists, (DayPart on the Mac also stopped working). I've looked at Raspian, Android, everything, and it seems it's an oldly unrequested feature.

For businesses wanting a great cheap solution of automatic music players, and don't want to pay through the nose for it, scheduled playlists is a huge, huge request.
meathane

Postby janui » 24 May 2018, 16:01

Hi Corwax, marksmanaz, Monax & meathane,
What you are asking for is quite complex to implement. But a slightly different alternative is much easier. The question is whether this would solve your problems.
The easier to implement solution is to random play the contents of a playlist within certain time constraints. As the time moves on the playlist source for random play would be modified. It would seamlessly switch from one to the other gradually mixing more of the new playlist into the random pool. No breaks in play.
I am not capable of working on this now, I have other priorities at the moment. But I could put it on my to-do list.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request