Played Count or Played marker

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Played Count or Played marker

Postby Mecworks » 22 Feb 2019, 07:36

I have a collection of over 80,000 Old Time Radio programs. I would like to make listening to them easier. Right now, there is no indicator of whether or not a file has been played or how many times it has been played. Please add either a play count or at at least a played marker to the listings.
Mecworks

Re: Played Count or Played marker

Postby Mecworks » 27 Feb 2019, 23:40

I should follow up with the reason this would make it easier to listen to these, if it's not already obvious. With so many recordings, it's impossible to know which ones have been listened to or how many times they have been listened to. For example, the Holiday programs will be listened to more often than others. Some may only get listened to once while others will be favorited and listened to again. When returning to a directory with say, 300+ Dragnet programs, it's impossible to know which ones have been played until listening to them and then 5 minutes in, realizing that there are hundreds more to go through and we've already heard the current one.
Mecworks

Re: Played Count or Played marker

Postby Kasey00 » 15 Nov 2019, 17:37

Mecworks wrote:I should follow up with the reason this would make it easier to listen to these, if it's not already obvious. With so many recordings, it's impossible to know which ones have been listened to or how many times they have been listened to. For example, the Holiday dreamhost programs will be listened to more often than others. Some may only get listened to once while others will be favorited and listened to again. When returning to a directory with say, 300+ Dragnet programs, it's impossible to know which ones have been played until listening to them and then 5 minutes in, realizing that there are hundreds more to go through and we've already heard the current online2pdf one.

Yea absolutely its an area to be worked on upon. I am hoping for an update sooner or later. Ofcourse it'll be a lot easier to listen to all those favorites if this feature is added.

Regards,
Kasey.
Kasey00

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request