OpenHome / upmpdcli issues

Please report any bug found here

OpenHome / upmpdcli issues

Postby david-dever-23-box » 02 Nov 2014, 19:45

In what manner do you wish to track bugs related to upmpdcli / OpenHome functionality? It seems that there are services not fully implemented, e.g., Playlist service works on RuneUI but not via OpenHome reliably.

Please advise best channel for tracking these issues, thanks. Nicely done, otherwise!
david-dever-23-box

Re: OpenHome / upmpdcli issues

Postby david-dever-23-box » 02 Nov 2014, 19:57

Specifically, the Playlist service does not appear to be passing a DIDL out to all subscribed control points.

I understand that this might get dicey when a track is added via the web interface (i.e., directly to MPD), but it appears that this is not consistent even among UPnP / OpenHome control points.
david-dever-23-box

Postby medoc92 » 03 Nov 2014, 20:19

Hi,

I am jf, the developer for upmpdcli. This issue has little chance to be specific to runeaudio. Could you please get in touch with me: jf at dockes .org, I would like to try and fix this, but I'll need to know what control point you are testing with. If I can't install it here, debugging may be a bit complicated, but hopefully, we will be able to see what is happening by looking at the log.

As far as I know, metadata display works fine, or mostly fine, with Bubble, Kinsky, Kazoo, JRiver, Lumin and my own upplay, but there are so many CPs out there that I've obviously not tested them all, and I guess that there may be circumstances where those I did test will have problems.

Alternatively to email, you could file a bug on GitHub: https://github.com/medoc92/upmpdcli/issues

Cheers,

jf
medoc92

Postby ACX » 04 Nov 2014, 00:55

medoc92 wrote:Hi,

I am jf, the developer for upmpdcli.

Hi Jean-Francois,
I'm glad to see you here in our forum :)
Thank you again in the name of all our community for your great piece of software.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report