ODROID C2

ODROID related support

Re: ODROID C2

Postby audiobear » 06 Aug 2016, 22:03

Hi Frank,

Thanks. I will ssh it and report back (tomorrow or Monday).

"This is strange!
From the HifiShield?

Next things to test:
- boot without HifiShield
- connect a monitor to the HDMI port"

The audio must be coming out of the HifiShield Plus optical output. I will remove the optical and see if it comes out of the analog output. It doesn't make a noise when i boot anything else so I thought it was Rune announcing itself. Strange indeed! Maybe it's the way the noise the Odroid makes when it surrenders. I'll check it out now that I know it isn't a program feature. Will report on progress.
audiobear

Postby audiobear » 06 Aug 2016, 22:05

Hi Smallfat

Thanks. Etcher is a really nice piece of software!

Bruce
audiobear

Postby audiobear » 07 Aug 2016, 19:07

Hi Frank

ssh root@my.c2.ip.address =

password: replied "rune"

permission denied, please try again

And yes I am using terminal on MacOSX 10.11.6

I should have also mentioned I have downloaded file 3 times using 2 different machines unloading Ubuntu 16.04 in the C2 and written the image 3 different ways. Always get the same result including the 4 notes that are played. There is no output on HDMI video.

I just booted the C2 using UbuntuMate and tried to SSH it from my Mac and was denied for a changed host key. It looks like something is not set up right with the host key or someone's messing with me. I'll straighten that out and get back to the Runeaudio challenge. It may be the source of the communication problem.

Bruce
audiobear

Postby hondagx35 » 07 Aug 2016, 20:30

Hi Bruce,

There is no output on HDMI video.

Getting no output is not a good sign.

permission denied, please try again

Are you sure that you have the correct ip address?

I should have also mentioned I have downloaded file 3 times using 2 different machines unloading Ubuntu 16.04 in the C2 and written the image 3 different ways.

Maybe something went wrong while unzipping the downloaded file.
After uncompressing the file to burn should be "RuneAudio_ODROIDC2_0.4-beta_20160518_2GB.img".

Frank
hondagx35

Postby audiobear » 08 Aug 2016, 00:30

Hi Frank

That's the name of the file I have downloaded 3 times. Each time is has 2,148,532,224 bytes (2.15 GB on disk) and is listed as an NDIF Disk image.

I hate jumping to conclusions with fragmentary evidence but it seems odd that: 1) I can't login in to Runeaudio.local using a browser, 2) I can't SSH into it because the password is rejected, 3) I hear 4 musical notes that are not part of the program, and 4) there is no HDMI output (what should I see on the screen?). Adding all this up it doesn't appear that I have a functional version of the system running.

Einstein is said to have commented that it's insanity to do the same thing twice and expect a different result but I'll take one more shot at it.

It seems a bit odd. With no I/O it's kind of hard to trace what's wrong. I haven't had a chance to set up SSH into the C2 running UbuntuMate. I'm going to play with that for a while.

Bruce
audiobear

Postby hondagx35 » 08 Aug 2016, 00:41

Hi Bruce,

if possible please try a different sd card.
Did you try to boot without the hifishield?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby audiobear » 08 Aug 2016, 03:03

Hi Frank
Removed the HiFiShield Plus. Nothing changed. Won't connect. Net Network Scanner shows the IP and MAC number but nothing else happens. Of course there was no audio output this time. And no HDMI video signal as usual.

I have used several different cards but just to be sure, I will open a new one, format it to FAT32, and do a whole new image install. Will report back.
audiobear

Postby smallfat » 08 Aug 2016, 05:55

Hi audiobear,

1. SSH login ID= root, PW = rune, Right?

2. For access http://runeaudio.local, have you try other browsers except Safari.

smallfat

audiobear wrote:Hi Frank
Removed the HiFiShield Plus. Nothing changed. Won't connect. Net Network Scanner shows the IP and MAC number but nothing else happens. Of course there was no audio output this time. And no HDMI video signal as usual.

I have used several different cards but just to be sure, I will open a new one, format it to FAT32, and do a whole new image install. Will report back.
smallfat

Postby audiobear » 08 Aug 2016, 19:12

Hi Frank and Smallfat

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is Rune is up and running. The bad news is I changed too many variables at the same time to know what helped:

1. Burned a new microSD image using Etcher.
2. Changed the Ethernet cable.
3. No HifiShield Plus
4. Used only Chrome

I have HDMI output and connected from Chrome on MacOSX, iPhone etc. All controlled Rune. I was able to SSH into root.

I added back the HiFIShield Plus and the C2 outputs audio over Toslink out. Everything works fine so the HIFi shield wasn't the problem. I will check out the other three changes just to find out which was the problem.

Thanks for the all the quick feedback and help. I am looking forward to exploring RuneAudio.

Bruce
audiobear

Postby audiobear » 09 Aug 2016, 20:18

To follow up on what solved my problem getting Rune to run on my C2, FWIW, I wrote a chip that didn't work with dd using Etcher and it works fine. I tested the original ethernet cable and it works, BUT it is loose and can lose contact--it's been discarded. I also tried Safari and Firefox and both seem to work fine as a remote control (didn't do extensive testing, just selected a song from the library and played it).

Bottom line is that I will use Etcher when I'm using MacOSX.
audiobear

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to ODROID