Not all folders visible in Library

Raspberry Pi related support

Not all folders visible in Library

Postby Michele79 » 17 Sep 2015, 15:36

Hi everyone,
very grateful for this great work!
My setup is this:
- Gigabit wired LAN + wifi
- Ubuntu Server workstation with a disk shared with NFS (folder "music")
- Raspberry PI 2 tested with Volumio/Moode/RuneAudio, cable connected to the LAN
- Android smartphone as control point, web-ui working fine!
- Also tested MPDroid and Mupeace, same behavior of web-ui, so everything is working fine.

At the end I prefer RuneAudio, so here I am....the problem is showing with Volumio/Moode/RuneAudio and also
with MPDroid, and I think indeed is related to MPD, not to RuneAudio itself.
I've set the NFS network mount correctly, and in the Library I can see my folders....but the problem is I can't
see every folder, only some of them (more or less 80%).
The structure is this:
//192.168.x.x//media/data/share/music
Inside "music" folder there are subfolders "0_9", "A", "B", "C".... and so on till "Z".
Inside there are artists folders and album folders, like this:
.../music/I/Iron Maiden/1981 - Killers

Permissions are the same for all folders and subfolders, file tags are ok. With ssh I can see all files and
directories in mnt/MPD/NAS/......
I think the problem is MPD, it cannot see "G" folder, "I" folder and some other. All the rest is ok.
I've tried with telnet localhost 6600 from ssh, and testing with lsinfo show me error (not found)
as regards to the "invisible" folders.

Many thanks in advance,
Regards
Michele
Michele79

Re: Not all folders visible in Library

Postby den_hr » 17 Sep 2015, 18:00

Sometimes this has to do with "strange" characters in filenames... MPD seems to be somewhat fussy about those.
See if you have any unusual characters in filenames in the "problematic" folder(s).
By "unusual characters" I mean non-ASCII (e.g. Italian or French accented chars...)
(Although my MPD in several OSes - Rune and Squeezeplug, for example, has no problems with Japanese characters.... Go figure....)
Other people had similar problems recently, try to search the forum...
Denis
den_hr

Postby Michele79 » 18 Sep 2015, 17:56

den_hr wrote:Sometimes this has to do with "strange" characters in filenames... MPD seems to be somewhat fussy about those.
See if you have any unusual characters in filenames in the "problematic" folder(s).
By "unusual characters" I mean non-ASCII (e.g. Italian or French accented chars...)
(Although my MPD in several OSes - Rune and Squeezeplug, for example, has no problems with Japanese characters.... Go figure....)
Other people had similar problems recently, try to search the forum...
Denis

Hi Den, thanks for reply.
I'm doing some other research about the problem (it's a week by now) but nothing really new.
I can say it's not a problem related to non-ascii characters, because it's all set as UTF-8 and
an invisible folder is "I", that only contains subfolder "Iron Maiden", that only contains album
folders with english/ascii characters. Other folders that are 'visible' to MPD contains accented
characters (for example "06 - Così presto no.flac" of an italian singer). These are all visible so
I think tihs is not the problem.
One recent discovery: if I change the name of the invisible folders to another name, they become
visible to MPD!!! But not with all names....it's crazy!
For example, folder "I" is not visible; if I rename it to "i_test" MPD can see it.
Folder "E" is not visible; BUT if I rename it to "e_test" it's again not visible!
If I rename it to "letter_E" it become visible!!!
I'm going nuts... :roll:
Michele79

Postby Michele79 » 22 Sep 2015, 16:23

OK I think it's definitively an MPD problem, so I'm talking witk the MPD guy on http://forum.musicpd.org
(although not so active...). I hope I will resolve, I'll report back if any improvement.
Michele79

Postby Michele79 » 29 Sep 2015, 13:49

Michele79 wrote:OK I think it's definitively an MPD problem, so I'm talking witk the MPD guy on http://forum.musicpd.org
(although not so active...). I hope I will resolve, I'll report back if any improvement.

The reply of the MPD developer is the following:

"Your MPD version is very outdated and thus unsupported."

So you are the only resource left guys! Let me know if I can help to investigate...

Thanks in advance,
Michele
Michele79

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi