No sound on RPi3B after restart

Raspberry Pi related support

No sound on RPi3B after restart

Postby zaleks » 11 Jan 2020, 17:04

Hi,
I have RaspberryPi 3B and DAC (Topping D30) that I connected last night and all was working.
Next day, nothing have been touched, except I turn off all devices, I cant get sound on speakers.
I have tested on PC and DAC, amplifier and speakers are working fine.
Player on Rune is working and it see all network and local storage, just dont have sound.
Any idea ?
------------------------------
And today is working again ! wtf ?
zaleks

Re: No sound on RPi3B after restart

Postby eea123 » 12 Jan 2020, 11:49

I believe that you can run into issues with the software / PI if you don't shutdown via the PI's command. I just leave mine on all of the time, but you should be able to search the forum for a hardware type relay switch that properly shuts down everything if that's something you want to do.

I have a generic I^2S DAC card and I fought getting it going initially. Try to reselect the "audio output interface" thru the "MPD" menu. Even though it says it switches on the fly, I think I had to reboot mine? I know that I could only get headphone output until I changed it and it took.
eea123

Postby cmh714 » 12 Jan 2020, 16:53

maybe also try and run alsamixer from the command line
cmh714

Postby nekelsein » 22 Feb 2020, 07:25

Same problem, with rasperry pi 3 an hifiberry amp. I tried also to desactivate volumio simple Equalizer 0.4.1 and played with volume configuration (SW, HW,..no other possibility).
Sometimes it seems that config mode onewalmart does not accept properly the choice of hifiberry am DAQ.
nekelsein

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi