no network found

Raspberry Pi related support

no network found

Postby max headroom » 05 Apr 2020, 13:47

Hello, im setting up runeaudio on my PI 2 B, ive got it connected to my ethernet trying to set up wifi but im not finding any networks,

Ive looked at my usb wifi dongle and theres no light on, when i restart the Pi the light on the dongle flashes about four times then nothing then flashes again about four times then nothing,

In the setup it says to check the terminal, sorry not sure how to find or get on the terminal

ive briefly used Moodeaudio and osmc on both of these the wifi dongle worked fine

thanks
max headroom

Re: no network found

Postby R101 » 06 Apr 2020, 13:30

You will have to give a few details about the RA version you are using, and the dongle. I use an Edimax dongle, but it does need some setting up. Probably best done with a file manager when the SD card is connected to a PC.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby max headroom » 18 Apr 2020, 23:16

is the version the latest kernel ? if so its 4.1.20

as for the dongle im not sure really i think its a generic one but it worked fine with other media players but would that mean itd work ok for Rune?

eta im on version release version: 0.4 (build: beta-20160313)
max headroom

Postby R101 » 19 Apr 2020, 10:09

It depends on the chip the dongle uses, but I had to add two files to /etc/modprobe.d.

These were blacklist-rtl8xxxu.conf containing the line: blacklist rtl8xxxu, and blacklist-rtl8192cu.conf containing the line: blacklist rtl8192cu

Some other distributions include these by default.

Also check the result of the rfkill command, and check the content of the /etc/netctl wifi file. I remember there was a problem that meant you had to manually add CCMP thus:

'key_mgmt=WPA-PSK'
'proto=RSN WPA'
'group=CCMP TKIP'
'pairwise=CCMP TKIP'

It's a while since I set up v0.4, so that may have been fixed, but you might be better off using v0.5.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi