No network config

Please report any bug found here

No network config

Postby tinti » 11 Dec 2013, 21:23

I just downloaded the RuneAudio_Pi_0.1-beta_2G.img but the network is not working, at least for wired networking. After login to the shell and setting up network interface with ifconfig eth0 ip-addr my network is up.
When checking the configuration site on the web interface, I am not able to choose a network profile (dynamic/static).
tinti

Re: No network config

Postby Orion » 12 Dec 2013, 13:20

Hi tinti,
do you have a DHCP server on your network?
RuneAudio - Embedded Hi-Fi music player
SoloStereo - Alla riscoperta dell'alta fedeltà
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Orion » 16 Dec 2013, 23:45

tinti wrote:I just downloaded the RuneAudio_Pi_0.1-beta_2G.img but the network is not working, at least for wired networking. After login to the shell and setting up network interface with ifconfig eth0 ip-addr my network is up.
When checking the configuration site on the web interface, I am not able to choose a network profile (dynamic/static).

Hi tinti,
try to collect your debug informations (follow this guide http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/how-to-collect-debug-informations-t14.html ) and post them here, please.

we will help you.
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby tinti » 23 Jan 2014, 10:35

I've tried with another Raspberry PI and it looks like my network port on the other one is broken, at least for DHCP requests.
On my new RPI, I get a DHCP assigned address and when I try to switch to static IP and setup everything inside the Rune-UI, the new information is stored, but not applied. Even after a reboot DHCP is still used.

Also I would look at the code of Runeaudio on Github, but the repository is empty, the UI code seems outdated. Could you publish the current repositories please.
tinti

Postby Orion » 23 Jan 2014, 23:48

Hi tinti,
thanks for your patience. This is a known bug of 0.2-beta release. I will fix it in few days.
Git repository sync is scheduled for this weekend.
Version 0.3-beta is under heavy development.

Stay tuned.
Bye.

Simone
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report