No audio output from internal analog output

Raspberry Pi related support

No audio output from internal analog output

Postby quicksilver » 30 Apr 2014, 14:43

Hello,

Congrats on the cool project! the interface looks great.

I'm having a play with RuneAudio on a RaspberryPi. I noted that v.1 specifically did not include support for the built in audio on the pi.

However, the description for v.2 says:

"Added analog output on Raspberry Pi (although still buggy)"

I've managed to setup runeaudio and it's providing access to my media but so far I have not been able to get it to play anything.

Right now, I'm just testing all this so did not want to invest too much in a DAC before I knew that it would all work. I tried to by an iqaudio but they seem to be out of stock.

Is there a way to get analog output working? Should I be testing with another low cost DAC instead? Can you recommend one that works well?

Thanks
Chris
quicksilver

Re: No audio output from internal analog output

Postby tkintenn » 10 May 2014, 16:08

try installing the alsamixer (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Raspberry_Pi#Audio) and then ensure that the analog audio is on in the alsamixer.

I'm having the same issue. Volumio it was pre-loaded on the utilite image.
tkintenn

Postby tkintenn » 10 May 2014, 16:53

actually mine played Mp3's from a USB drive... I'm not sure what i did to make that happen. I didn't really change anything. This was through the analog audio port on the PI.
tkintenn

Postby mashman » 13 May 2014, 06:16

i'm not sure if this is your issue but i had similar issue getting up and running. As soon as i hit the HDMI audio interface as the output, all was well.

mm
mashman

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi