Newbie!

Raspberry Pi related support

Newbie!

Postby amham » 24 Apr 2016, 18:36

Hi all, just loaded Rune onto my Pi3 and found the following problems which required a Linux "expert" to overcome :
1- No mouse cursor, found answer and had to figure out how to get to command line editing with no cursor or correct kybd layout .
2- German keyboard as default, Googled and found answer but not easy
3- Now needed to get back to UI
4-I had to correct above in order to select iQAudio+ DAC,
5-"catch 22" until you figure out keybd and cursor problems
6-wifi not saving configuration although it is found and displayed...still no wifi...any thoughts how to save wifi config?
7-how do you play one album continuously from library selection...enter all songs in queue?
however, SOUNDS GREAT AND THANK YOU!!!
amham

Re: Newbie!

Postby PeteB » 24 Apr 2016, 19:14

Welcome to the forum!

6) Menu -> Network Interfacde -> Save and Apply
(bottom of scrn)

7) Add the album to the queue, then,
Playback -> Repeat
(under the track timer circle)

Yeah the German keyboard can be a challenge... :mrgreen:
PeteB

Postby amham » 24 Apr 2016, 19:42

Thanks for quick response. Yes, my version says "SAVE PROFILE". Of course, clicked this many times but no save. Going back to Network selection shows no profile or saved config. Googled and saw several complex fixes...is this necessary? Using Pi3 internal wifi only. My network is displayed properly with signal strength, security ok, pass enters ok, ip assign is DHCP but NO save profile.
amham

Postby amham » 24 Apr 2016, 20:59

Looks like I solved the wifi save problem. Found a post stating fill in static DNS etc first, then go to wifi DHCP and save. That worked!!
amham

Postby MiningGold » 25 Apr 2016, 02:23

If you're a newbie then I'm greener than a blade of grass. Fortunately I only had two problems with my pi3 b, no cursor and had no wifi. Supposedly, if you don't set wifi to static your device will get a new ip address each time it's powered on. Anyway, still no cursor when I hook it up to my tv via HDMI. Hell, I can't even figure out how to get to the terminal to enter commands. I have Rune and Rune only on my Pi and don't know if I need a different program or OS to enter commands. Anyway, sure is fun listening to my tunes without powering up the laptop or DAP.
MiningGold

Postby rastus » 25 Apr 2016, 03:21

MiningGold wrote:Supposedly, if you don't set wifi to static your device will get a new ip address each time it's powered on.

Anyway, still no cursor when I hook it up to my tv via HDMI. Hell, I can't even figure out how to get to the terminal to enter commands.

You can assign a static IP address in Rune itself (either wifi or cable), or you can set your router to assign a static IP to the Pi. I prefer the later because I swap between micro cards (using Rune and Openelec), this way the Pi always gets the same IP address no matter what software is running on the Pi. And, an added benefit by using the router to assign the static IP address is that the Pi can always be found on the network by other PC's connected to that network.

To get a cursor, I would think you need to connect either a USB mouse or USB keyboard. As to connecting via the terminal... hondagx35 has splattered the instructions over this forum so many times. Not trying to be rude. The hint is: read on.
rastus

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Apr 2016, 09:18

H MiningGold,

MiningGold wrote:Anyway, still no cursor when I hook it up to my tv via HDMI. Hell, I can't even figure out how to get to the terminal to enter commands.

The HDMI output is optimized for 7" touch displays, so i thought a mouse cursor would be annoying.
Same thing with the zoomfactor, you can zoom in with CTRL & +.
For a persistant setting you have to edit "/root/.config/midori/config" see here.

To get the cursor you have to edit "/root/.xinitrc" see here.

- Get access to the console:
Use SSH from your PC
    If you are not familiar with SSH read this for Windows or this for Linux/MacOS
    The default login for RuneAudio is "root" with the password "rune" (without quotes).

Frank
hondagx35

Postby amham » 26 Apr 2016, 21:24

The Raspberry Pi 3 is not obtaining an address when set to dhcp via WiFi as confirmed via debug. Is this a known problem? Are there any issues with the Pi 3 and WiFi driver support?
amham

Postby hondagx35 » 26 Apr 2016, 23:21

Hi,

Is this a known problem? Are there any issues with the Pi 3 and WiFi driver support?

No, i tried DHCP with different routers and it worked each time.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby amham » 28 Apr 2016, 00:15

Still no joy...wifi is eluding me. I tried the ethernet cable without a problem but no wifi. I had my resident certified Linux pro hunt around and no luck yet. My router is a "standard" Linksys that works with everything. Searched the forum for hints and tips, tried a few but no luck. I must be overlooking something basic if I'm one of the few that has not got the RaspPi3 working over wifi...
amham

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi