New User

Raspberry Pi related support

New User

Postby ubergoober » 10 Aug 2019, 04:32

I've just successfully loaded up Rune 0.5 on a Raspberry Pi 3 with integrated 802.11. Added my Firefly DAC and a fairly large USB stick and coupled it with the 7" touch screen and a case that holds it all together. I did all of this by braille but now I'm needing some further guidance.

I've read that MPD clients can stream, but I see no settings in the UI that govern the streaming port. Is this a function that Rune Audio now supports? I've seen I can turn on AP functionality. Does it only stream while in AP mode? My 12 year old kid isn't impressed that the phone in hand can remotely change the volume instead of putting the music into said phone. :-)

Further, do I have any options for using my exiting Sonos One speakers to play audio?

Thank you!
ubergoober

Re: New User

Postby janui » 10 Aug 2019, 11:11

Hi ubergoober,
ubergoober wrote:I've read that MPD clients can stream, but I see no settings in the UI that govern the streaming port. Is this a function that Rune Audio now supports?
RuneAudio was not really built to do this. Bluetooth streaming would be ideal, but we are finding it very difficult to make it work.
However, you can set up RuneAudio to stream like a webradio, I think this is your best option. Any device on your network which can play webradio's could then be used. This is not a standard feature, but is relatively easy to implement. For details, see here: post26228.html#p26228
janui
janui

Postby ubergoober » 10 Aug 2019, 19:03

Well, that's certainly not what I expected. When I added that output config to the /home directory, it completely replaced my UI managed configuration. I was left with no Samba shared library and no wifi connection. I really don't want to have to manage the configuration manually. Is there a way to layer that output in alongside the existing configuration like we see with conf.d subdirectories where the managed config is in the base .conf file and user configs get layered in from files in the subdirectory?

Thank you.
ubergoober

Postby janui » 12 Aug 2019, 09:34

Hi ubergoober,
Also not what I expected so this morning I tested the instructions here: post26228.html#p26228
It works perfectly on my installation.
ubergoober wrote: I was left with no Samba shared library and no wifi connection.
These symptoms are probably not related to the output config to the /home directory. I suspect that you have a bad image, check the SHA-256 checksum of your download and if this is correct try burning the Micro-SD card again.
janui
janui

Postby pebbleorange » 25 May 2023, 07:44

Well, I surely did not anticipate that. When I added that output configuration to my /home directory, it supplanted my UI-managed configuration entirely. I was left without a shared Samba library or wifi connection mario games I would prefer not to manually administer the configuration.
pebbleorange

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi