New set-up, press play, nothing happens. (New user)

Raspberry Pi related support

New set-up, press play, nothing happens. (New user)

Postby ChezAmber » 13 Feb 2021, 18:23

I am new to Rune, to Raspberry Pi, and to Linux, but hope to become literate. I have just set up my system with Version 0.22-4-2 on a Raspberry Pi 4, connected via USB to a Moon DAC which is connected via RCA to a NAD receiver. My music library (which shows up perfectly in the Rune web interface) is in a separately powered hard drive connected to the Pi via USB 3.0. The 7" touch screen shows Rune controls (albeit anamorphically but that is not really the big problem here) and a strong wifi connection enables me to see and adjust settings via laptop and my iPhone. The MPD settings are:

# cat /etc/asound.conf
defaults.pcm.card 2
defaults.ctl.card 2

# aplay -l | grep ^card
card 0: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1], device 0: bcm2835 HDMI 1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
card 2: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

# amixer scontrols
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0

I have rebuilt the library several times and rebooted repeatedly. But when I press the play button nothing happens (it does not transform itself into the Pause button) and of course, no sound comes out.

What have I missed? I feel it must be something basic that would be obvious to an experienced user.

I would be grateful for any diagnostic tools and suggestions for bringing my system to life.

Many thanks.
ChezAmber

Re: New set-up, press play, nothing happens. (New user)

Postby tsawyer » 13 Feb 2021, 21:58

[quote="ChezAmber"]I am new to Rune, to Raspberry Pi, and to Linux, but hope to become literate. I have just set up my system with Version 0.22-4-2 on a Raspberry Pi 4

by chance, did you download that from the main page or did you get your package from https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1? if you went with option 1, that's an older version. based on the 0.22 version you posted, it really sounds like option 1. additionally, you mentioned you had a pi4, the front page was written for up to a pi3 so that would more than likely cause some issues.

could you confirm where you went for the install package? there's a chance that's the whole issue
tsawyer

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi