my new (old) aether-O-matic

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

my new (old) aether-O-matic

Postby elricoloco » 05 Jun 2016, 20:05

I have an old vintage setup for audio ( I like radios from the 50's and the 60's ) with a 1965 Blaupunkt Santiago radio ( tube-transistor hybrid) and SABA Ultra Hifi 600 loudspeakers (1972 a bit to modern for me, but i like a little bit also a good quality) . I have experimented with different equipment like Ipod Iphone, a tablet, but it was too unconvenient or the soundquality was not what i wanted. therefore i started experimenting with a raspberry pi and a p1f1 DAC in combination with runeaudio, and was realy astound about thye sound quality. only a bit dry, due the reason that the amplifier part of the blaupunkt is only based on tranistors, and i like the tube sound, therfore my collection old radio's.
Also i did not like how it looked, it could be invissible, but I like vintage equipment , so i decided to create my own casing, based on an old clock housing, and a defect switch/router housing plus some wood, analog VU-meters and a simple tube amplifier kit.

Ofcourse I am not an audiophile , but i realy like the soundquality. I am amazed what is possible with these relative cheap building blocks. and it also looks good with my other stuff

i have done also an instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Aether-O-Matic/
elricoloco

Re: my new (old) aether-O-matic

Postby hondagx35 » 05 Jun 2016, 21:42

Hi elricoloco,

thank you for sharing this.
I like your "aether-O-matic" and not all has to be highend.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby rastus » 07 Jun 2016, 01:25

elricoloco wrote:Ofcourse I am not an audiophile , but i realy like the soundquality. I am amazed what is possible with these relative cheap building blocks. and it also looks good with my other stuff

Hi elricoloco,

I love your creation, very artistic, very nice.... the VU meters are great! Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

rastus.
rastus

Postby rikardo1979 » 07 Jun 2016, 05:34

very nice little project

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<
rikardo1979

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to DIY and tweaks