MPD Database Update

Raspberry Pi related support

MPD Database Update

Postby dajand » 01 Nov 2018, 20:39

Hi everybody. I have a problem I would appreciate some help with, so I hope someone here might be able to assist. This is the situation: I have several albums where I've amended the m3u file, but, try as I might, MPD will not pick up the updated information. An example: I ripped an album called Heliocentric by Paul Weller, but in the m3u file all the tracks were listed as Weller, Paul - whatever the track title is. I changed the m3u file to Paul Weller - whatever the track title is, but I cannot get the MPD database to accept the new m3u data. I've tried rebuilding the library, updating the library, unmounting and remounting followed by a rebuild and update but still it shows up as Weller, Paul - whatever the track is. The album is not the only one I have issues with. I know it's a bit anal, but it's driving me up the wall and I would prefer to be able to sort it without a reinstall. Any ideas?

Thanks

dajand
dajand

Re: MPD Database Update

Postby hondagx35 » 01 Nov 2018, 22:19

Hi dajand,

m3u files are not relevant during database indexing.
RuneAudio (MPD) only use m3u files for storing playlists.
The tags have to be embedded in the music files.
Nearly all ripping software does this for you automatically.
You can use something like mp3tag or MusicBrainz to edit / tag your files.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: MPD Database Update

Postby dajand » 01 Nov 2018, 23:07

Hi Frank, I had just realised about the data being in the tags when I noticed your reply. I'm going to have to either change the tags or rerip the discs and put my own data in instead of using CDDB. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Regards

dajand
dajand

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi