mod: master list of all Waves mods

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

mod: master list of all Waves mods

Postby waves » 04 Jun 2016, 17:59

master list of Waves mods

I will keep this master list of mods I've posted updated. All of them presuppose that the user can SSH into the Rune device and edit files there. Perhaps a moderator can sticky it?

mod: big letter indicates position in large library folder
mod: stream any youtube URL as audio
mod: when browsing folders in library, click library button to jump directly to library start page
new: mod: when browsing playlists, click queue button or text "Playlist" to jump to queue view
mod: clickable breadcrumb segments when browsing and searching files
mod: cache some folder listings for quicker browsing
new big update: mod: easy one hand touch gestures for smartphone: switch tab, play/pause, toggle webradio, quick volume control, and more
mod: disable buttons under volume wheel and make click on digits in volume wheel toggle mute on/off (also included in mod 5 below)

mod: various mods to make Rune more minimalistic:
mod 1: Library: remove subtitles
mod 2: Library: shorten titles
mod 3: Library: hide buttons except usb radio album artist genre
mod 4: Playback: if radiostream, hide time-knob and cover
mod 5: Playback: various modifications
mod 6: Playlist: disable reminders when queue is empty
mod 7: Disable [No Title] type placeholders when no title tag
mod 8: Library: remove subtitle for add new webradio
mod 9: Playback: hide album image placeholder when no song in queue
mod 10: Library/Playlist: disable popup notifications/confirmations

mod: click time-knob to temporarily show vol-knob in its place (by hiding time-knob and cover) (note: conflicts with touch gesture mod)

guide: use a numpad to control RuneAudio on a raspberry pi
guide: http get/post commands for quick mpd play/pause toggle from PC/android phone
(also read the comments below the above linked post)
guide: files on two USB drives shown as one single library folder

edit: all mods (except caching and youtube-dl) now tested also on a Raspberry Pi 3. Several mods have been clarified and slightly updated.

Screenshots with these mods (and a few more tweaks) applied.
1b.png
1b.png (72.01 KiB) Viewed 13163 times

gesture temporarily moves volume wheel on top for quick change
2b.png
2b.png (21.16 KiB) Viewed 13163 times

available touch gestures
5b.png
5b.png (82.23 KiB) Viewed 13163 times
Last edited by waves on 03 Sep 2016, 13:36, edited 9 times in total.
waves

Re: mod: master list of all Waves mods

Postby LeVolatile » 25 Aug 2016, 20:15

Hi,

I want to try some of the suggested modification but trying to modify a long file from SSH can get quite fastidious! I have already messed up the GUI by trying it with Nano text editor. It seen to have no way to select all the content of a file to paste it in a more user-friendly editor.

So I tried to put the SD card in my desktop computer to edit some files but the problem is that I only see the FAT32 partition. I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu Studio installed. Can someone guide me to a solution to be able to edit files in the other partition? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
LeVolatile

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Aug 2016, 21:52

Hi LeVolatile,

easiest way to copy and modify files from a Windows PC is to use:
- WinSCP to access the sd card (it is like using file explorer)
- Notepad++ to edit files the linux way (e.g. correct line endings)
Notepad++ is also a great editor for windows files and highly recommended for programmers.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby waves » 27 Aug 2016, 19:16

LeVolatile, I agree with Frank above. There are many similar tools that let you SSH connect to the RuneAudio device and explorer style browse the files and open them in a Notepad style editor. MobaXterm has a free version, http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/

Let me know if you run into any issues with the mods or if any step is unclear.
waves

Postby LeVolatile » 02 Sep 2016, 04:18

Thanks a lot Waves for your suggestions, MobaXterm is a great tool! Editing files is much easier. I have made the following modifications:
    mod: when browsing folders in library, click library button to jump directly to library start page
Despite the javascript string shows in a preview tooltip on mouse over navigating my large music collection is now much pleasant.

Now, I will try to build a custom Renuaudio for my needs but I want also develop another custom version for parties. Everybody would be able to add songs to the queue but unable to delete then. Also In want to remove access to configuration menu or any "dangerous" item for non technical knowledgeable people including volume control. I have an idea how to do it but the challenge will be keeping complete control for myself on the same Raspi! Any suggestion is welcome. Lastly: I want to translate all the GUI in French.

Thanks a lot guys for your help

LeVolatiile
LeVolatile

Postby waves » 02 Sep 2016, 15:47

LeVolatile wrote:Thanks a lot Waves for your suggestions, MobaXterm is a great tool! Editing files is much easier. I have made the following modifications:

Nice to hear it works well! If you plan to do more of the mods then note that I'll update the touch gesture mod again soon, I'm testing a few improvements right now.

LeVolatile wrote:Now, I will try to build a custom Renuaudio for my needs but I want also develop another custom version for parties. Everybody would be able to add songs to the queue but unable to delete then. Also In want to remove access to configuration menu or any "dangerous" item for non technical knowledgeable people including volume control. I have an idea how to do it but the challenge will be keeping complete control for myself on the same Raspi! Any suggestion is welcome. Lastly: I want to translate all the GUI in French.

Sounds like a bigger job. The devs mentioned in another post that the alpha release of the next version of RuneAudio is coming soon. So it might be best to wait a little and see if some of those things are already there.
waves

Postby waves » 03 Sep 2016, 12:42

I updated the touch gesture mod again with more and better features.
waves

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request