Listening Hardware

Everything about Hi-Fi equipment

Re: Listening Hardware

Postby Devox » 12 Jun 2014, 14:02

In my case, I split the Signal right after the DAC, deliver it to the Yamaha-Receiver in my Living-Room, and to an 32 Years old Philips-Amp in my Hallway/Kitchen. :D After countless tries of getting the Signal through the Receiver, and from there to the Philips-Amp, which always resulted in hearable delay at the Amp, the splitting seems to be the best solution.

RuneAudio on RaspberryPI -> Behringer UCA 222 ->
Y-Splitted to:
-Yamaha RX-V473 -> Teufel Ultima 20
-Philips F4110 -> Teufel Ultima 20
Devox

Postby thedavo » 13 Jun 2014, 19:43

Linn LP12/Ittok LVII/Rega Bias 2
Musical Fidelity VLPS/VPSU
VDH D102 MKIII

Pi/Runeaudio
Audioquest Dragonfly
Audioquest Big Sur

Audiolab 8000A
Chord Epic Twin
Linn Majik 109 on matching stands
thedavo

Postby DustySeven » 20 Jun 2014, 01:12

here is my current setup.

RUNE device; Raspi REV1 with 16gb Micro Center brand flashdrive for storage

Speakers; Paramount Home theater 3 way speakers with high/ultra high satellite speakers.

Amp; Marantz Symphonic Stereo Reciever model 2252

DAC; Schiit MODI usb model

RUNE kernel; Orion V2
DustySeven

Postby skrodahl » 14 Jul 2014, 11:21

Pictures of my setup and my Raspberry Pi enclosure.

Just got RuneAudio 0.3-alpha up and running:

My Raspberry Pi enclosure:

-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2014, 12:18

Hi Skrodahl
Please excuse my stupidity, but are you powering your Pi via the Hifiberry? Looks like it. Some details of your power supply would be appreciated.
Another question, do you link to NASvia wireless, or how to you access your music? The setup looks very polished. Well done. :o

Peter
Peter

Postby ACX » 14 Jul 2014, 13:16

@skrodahl: impressive showoff of the RuneUI on the TV screen! :D
Nice and clean enclosure too. If you have space left for it inside the case, consider to add a IEC filtered socket: it brings some improvements especially in the case of Rpi (which doesn't have the cleanest power circuitry ever built...). I had one left lying around like this one:

It's even suggested by TNT-audio :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby skrodahl » 14 Jul 2014, 13:44

Peter wrote:Hi Skrodahl
Please excuse my stupidity, but are you powering your Pi via the Hifiberry? Looks like it. Some details of your power supply would be appreciated.
Another question, do you link to NASvia wireless, or how to you access your music? The setup looks very polished. Well done. :o

Peter

I bought a 5V regulated power supply, and connected it to the HifiBerry via the 5V input on it. You need to be careful to use a regulated power supply and measure the (slightly) variable output, or your RPi could be damaged.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-2A-10W-AC-DC ... 35cb4fae5f

The enclosure is a 0905, also bought off the bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0905-Full-Alumi ... 3391f60f22

I don't have the tools to drill rectangular holes, so the holes in the back for ethernet and USB are circular. That allows me to connect both a network cable and USB devices though. Right now, I'm using ethernet to access my NAS.

Otherwise, my setup is as described earlier in this thread:
* Amp: Topping TP-20 mkII
* Speakers: Dynaco A25

ACX wrote:@skrodahl: impressive showoff of the RuneUI on the TV screen! :D
Nice and clean enclosure too. If you have space left for it inside the case, consider to add a IEC filtered socket: it brings some improvements especially in the case of Rpi (which doesn't have the cleanest power circuitry ever built...). I had one left lying around like this one:

It's even suggested by TNT-audio :)

Thanks ACX,
As the PSU itself is regulated, I wasn't sure if there was anything to gain by using an IEC filtered socket. Although this little player sounds better than ever before, it couldn't hurt. I'll have a look around to see if I can find any at a decent price.

Using the MicroSD adapter gave the space needed inside the enclosure:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400566001176?ss ... 1439.l2649

(Oh, and btw, I have no affiliation with the eBay sellers mentioned.)
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

Postby Downunder55 » 16 Jul 2014, 14:31

tux wrote:My setup is the following:

Aplifier: Ιndeed TA2021S with external pdu from the same manufacturer

Did you make any progress on your review/decision on the Indeed TDA7498E ?

Currently looking for a little amp, and hopefully a similar sized case to mount the Pi etc in.

Looking at both these amps at present.
Downunder55

Postby voxxonline » 25 Aug 2014, 21:11

Well, I m in slow process of diy set up... so share what I have so far:
DIY Amplifier: MyRef Fremen edition with highest quality parts possible. Clean, impressive sound.
PRE: LDR based attenuator with remote controlled channel/volume selection. Absolutely transparent pass through sound due to LDR implementation.
DAC: AK4399 based dac with xmos, currently being modded with capacitor change and opamp upgrade.
Rpi itself: Linear psu is next phase with custom made box.
Speakers: Seas based speakers-monitors with flat frequency response, wave guide tweeter and distortion less er18rnx drivers in custom build enclosure- even overbuild- with rigid structure and massive weight.
voxxonline

Postby ACX » 26 Aug 2014, 01:22

voxxonline wrote:Well, I m in slow process of diy set up... so share what I have so far:
DIY Amplifier: MyRef Fremen edition with highest quality parts possible. Clean, impressive sound.
PRE: LDR based attenuator with remote controlled channel/volume selection. Absolutely transparent pass through sound due to LDR implementation.
DAC: AK4399 based dac with xmos, currently being modded with capacitor change and opamp upgrade.
Rpi itself: Linear psu is next phase with custom made box.
Speakers: Seas based speakers-monitors with flat frequency response, wave guide tweeter and distortion less er18rnx drivers in custom build enclosure- even overbuild- with rigid structure and massive weight.

Very nice setup. I'm particularly interested in the MyRef Fremen edition and the LDR based attenuator, which I didn't knew before.
Did you buy a kit to assemble the volume control?
Could you post some pics of your setup?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Hi-Fi systems