Listen to a website

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Listen to a website

Postby alan-bc » 03 Apr 2022, 23:09

I have a "radio station" I listen to in a web browser on my computer.

accuradio.com/folk

I want to listen to it in my garage. There's Wifi out there, an old amp and speakers, lots of sawdust and little else.

I've been bringing an Android tablet out and that works, but I'd like a more "one button" solution; power on the amp, listen to Accuradio.

It seemed to me that an RPi should be able to do this with suitable software, and the RuneAudio webpage suggests it should, but I cannot make this work. RuneAudio boots up, but any attempt to add a website generates an "Updating" message that refuses to go away.

Hardware is pretty simple; a known to be working RPi 3 and a known good 32GB memory card.

Is this actually possible with this software? If not, any suggestions for something else that does work (free or commercial) would be appreciated.
alan-bc

Re: Listen to a website

Postby lakeuk » 12 Apr 2022, 10:48

Inspecting that website it's not a traditional streaming feed you'd expect, appears to be just scripting that call a m4a track to play and when it finishes calls another.
(Pi 3, Ver. 0.4b build 20170229, usage m3u radio streams playlists)
lakeuk

Re: Listen to a website

Postby charlestrevino » 21 Sep 2022, 10:35

Clicking on this link will demonstrate that 64GB has been tried and tested to operate.
2 player games
charlestrevino

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request